Trōv is a fast-moving start-up that has massive global potential. Trōv is reinventing insurance for the mobile generation by making it simple, flexible and transparent. Trōv has designed, built, and launched the worlds first micro-moment insurance platform for single items, giving people the power to insure just what they want, exactly when they want, entirely from their mobile device. Trōv is a technology company, poised to disrupt the insurance landscape worldwide.
Trōv is looking for an exceptional brand and product storyteller to help us tell the Trōv story far and wide. This role will define and own the Trōv voice, ideating and evangelizing brand voice and tone guidelines so that we speak consistently to all of our audiences whether that's through in-product copy, transactional emails, blog or social media posts.
This is a high-impact, hybrid role on our marketing team that will be responsible for both brand/product copywriting and short- and long-form owned/earned content.
This is a contract position based at our Global HQ in Danville, CA.
The main responsibilities will include:
You should have/are:
- Define, own, and manage the Trōv voice in all communications, evangelizing content standards that will be used throughout the entire company
- Partner with our Design and Product teams to create compelling copy that speaks to Trōv's diverse audiences
- Plan, write, edit and improve copy for web and mobile experiences including user onboarding flows, interaction flows, landing pages, notifications, transactional emails, and more
- Brainstorm, produce and write 1-2 articles weekly, alternating between short- and long-form stories for owned/earned channels
- Help the team increase readership by coming up with ideas around insurance, personal finance, internal company news, and within our key verticals (tech, photography/video, sports, fashion/jewelry, and music) utilizing our executives, brand ambassadors and influencers as needed
- Collaborate and work with our global PR agencies to write/produce content and help craft written responses to media inquiries as needed
- Help maintain and manage our CMS and editorial calendar on a day-to-day basis making sure that all articles, features, videos, and assets are looking clean and fit within Trōv's brand standards
- 5-7 years of experience as a writer/copywriter (a mix of agency or in-house experience is fine and financial services/consumer finance/insurance experience is a huge +)
- Experience writing product content for both mobile and web UI/UX (writing for internationalization is a plus)
- Comfortable creating and iterating on copy for A/B product testing or performance-based marketing tests
- Natural storytelling abilities, an eye for detail, and a perfect grasp on grammar
- A love for the Oxford comma and AP Style
- High confidence, low ego, and a killer sense of humor