We need people who are not afraid to make decisions and exercise some creativity. Are you a problem solver? Are you looking for opportunities to grow with a progressive company that has been described as “amazingly awesome” (true story). You might have a home with us!
Rausch, Sturm, Israel, Enerson & Hornik LLP is a multistate Creditor's Rights law firm with head quarters in Brookfield, WI. Here, we believe that a company is its people, and ours are exceptional. We are looking to bring on a dedicated, results driven individual who thrives in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities to fill a Legal Assistant position in the Rosemont, IL area to start immediately.
Chosen candidates will be joining an energetic and growing organization where their hard work and input will be integral to the continued success and future growth of Rausch Sturm. We encourage professional development, peer to peer learning, and celebrate hard work and accomplishments.
- Competitive pay and bonus opportunities.
- Paid development programs that prepare you to engage with the customers of some of the largest financial institutions in the world.
- Professional/Personal development opportunities.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short term disability options, and 401(k)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews files through our internal database; Reviews hard copies of court files.
- Communicates with court staff as necessary.
- Conducts research for case files in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assists attorneys with prosecution of contested lawsuits.
- Prepares pleadings, memoranda and other legal filings.
- Travels to local courthouses for filing and retrieving of essential case documentation.
- Provides support on data entry tasks.
- Reviews hard copies of court files.
- Participates in other activities as assigned.
Must have a high school diploma (or GED) and be able to type at least 45 WPM. Prefer a Paralegal certificate. Requires 3-5 years of experiences with managing an Illinois docket. Prefer five or more years of experience and a familiarity with legal terminology. Experience in the Microsoft Suite of products is required. Being results driven and customer focused are requirements of the position as well as having the ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple work assignments. Strong attention to detail while providing a high quality work result is critical.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance