Kudu Dynamics, LLC
Location - Chantilly, VA
Senior Software Engineer
Our cross-domain experts are eager to bring on a senior engineer who is ready to play a key role on a broad variety of hard engineering problems on day 1.
- CNO Development: Experience implementing CNO/CNE tools and with a good understanding of network operations, exploitation, and the operational life cycles of these tools. What are the current generation tools and techniques? How and why are they going to break? What mitigations are needed to improve them, or do we need an entirely new methodology? Integrating into a multi-disciplinary team and enabling them to pivot away from “this is how it’s done” towards “this is the right way to do it.”
- Cyber Network Exploitation Methodologies: Say you are automating tracking nation state cyber campaigns. How do you model and represent threat activities, actors, and their interactions given data which is bound to be noisy and riddled with gaps and uncertainty? Do you have high-level knowledge of typical offensive strategies? Can some aspects of computer network forensics and analysis be automated in a meaningful way through your contributions? Working with some of the brightest cyber threat subject matter experts in the industry offers a unique opportunity to learn from the best while incorporating their insights into cutting edge data science experiments on internet-scale
- Must have U.S Citizenship
- Ability to qualify for and maintain TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 6+ years development experience
- The company band is always on the looking for help rattling the windows through the lunch room’s sound insulation.
- Experienced drivers who won’t put the office go-kart through the drywall.
- Help balancing out the Scotch vs Bourbon ratio in the office. Kinda like emacs vs vi but peaty.
- Expertise in other domains. We find that pure cyber problems are easy, boring, and commoditized. The fun problems require solutions which span multiple domains.
About Kudu Dynamics:
Kudu Dynamics puts engineers first! We provide the tools and mentoring to enable junior engineers to grow from program contributors to senior engineers and task leads. All engineers are encouraged to seek opportunities and new skills to keep themselves and the company on the cutting edge of technology.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Kudu is a 100% employee owned company and has assembled a cadre of experienced hackers, engineers, makers and shakers by offering what few other company can: equity. In fact, the vast majority of the company equity has been reserved for engineers. From our inception, we have grown from a single engineer running the DARPA Cyber Grand Challenge to eleven projects including: vulnerability research automation, counter-defense research, capability development, and nation-state threat group extrospection.
Kudu employees enjoy:
- A flexible work schedule, with the option to work remotely most days, if that’s your style.
- Stock options in a company that’s doing dynamic, fun, meaningful and interesting work.
- Awesome co-workers with a culture that promotes a jerk-free environment.
- Your own yearly discretionary budget to buy the things that make you happy.
- On top of our highly competitive salaries, we offer premium healthcare options, 401k matching and an annual pass to a swim in the bonus pool.
- 4 weeks of paid time off and 10 federal holidays to utilize whenever you want throughout the year.
Kudu Dynamics, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Physical Requirements and Activities:
- Finger dexterity - Typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand.
- Repetitive motion - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Activities in which an employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately.
- Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Visual acuity - Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading; visual inspection of code.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 5 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Work environment – Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 6 years (Required)