**ATTENTION: You must have a North Carolina REAL ID Driver's license with a gold star.**
Hiring for Mess Hall (Dining Area) Attendant for Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station New River.
Full-Time,Part-Time and On-Call Positions Available.
No felony convictions or patterns of misdemeanor convictions within the last 10 years.
- Registration, insurance, and drivers license(REALID WITH GOLD STAR) must all have the same current North Carolina address on them and be in the applicant's name.
Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
The Mess Hall Attendant (MA) position has a wide variety of jobs that an employee can be assigned during their shift. Employees do not typically work just one of these jobs, but are required to be able to work all of these jobs as assigned. The following is a summary of the job duties for the different MA job assignments (NOTE: this is not an all-inclusive list)
- Line Server – prepare serving line; greet and serve customers; check and log food temperatures; maintain cleanliness of food service area at all times; at end of service clean the serving area.
- Pots and Pan Washer- assemble the equipment at start of service; scrape, rinse and sanitize all pots/pans; wash all pots/pans; place pots/pans back in clean area; breakdown the equipment at end of service; clean the pots/pan service area.
- Pastry Server – set up the pastry serving area; prepare pastries for service and maintain stock of pastries during meal service; maintain cleanliness of the pastries service area at all times; at end of service clean the pastries service area.
- GI Worker-clean all floor drains; empty trash; sweep and mop floors; spot clean spills; clean and stock restrooms; clean and stock GI and storage areas; police the outside grounds for clean up; breakdown cardboard boxes and dispose of.
- Dishwasher - assemble the equipment at start of service; scrape, rinse and sanitize all dishes; wash all dishes; place clean dishes back in clean area and ready for next service; during service replenish dishes on the mess decks; at end of service breakdown equipment and clean the dishwashing area.
- Cashier – set up the cashier desk prior to start of service; greet customers; receive monies and make change; ensure all forms are completed as required; at end of service verify all monies and log sheet are correct; maintain cleanliness of the entrance area at all times.
- Busser – set up the dining room for service; maintain cleanliness of the dining room during meal service i.e. washing tables, sweeping/mopping floors; maintain cleanliness of the beverage bar.
- Beverage attendant – clean and sanitize the beverage machines; maintain proper temperatures and usage dates; stock all beverage products and ice bins; replenish all beverages and CO2 tanks during meal service. This job is typically combined with another job duty such as the busser.
NOTE: The following tasks are required by all MA to perform for any and all job assignments:
- Must be able to work with cleaning chemicals.
- Clean and sanitize all surfaces in the mess hall.
- Sweep and mop the floors.
- Maintain cleaning equipment after use i.e. mops, dust pans, buckets, etc.
- Empty trash.
- There is a strict protocol for employee cleanliness and appearance in the mess halls.
- All MAs are required to comply with uniform requirements at all times.
- Safety shoes are required and the employee must provide their own shoes.
- All MAs are required to comply and maintain excellent hand washing.
- All MAs are required to wear the proper food service gloves.
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Salary: $11.37 /hour
- High school or equivalent
Required license or Military ID:
- Valid Drivers License WITH THE REAL ID GOLD STAR,North Carolina vehicle registration and insurance (in your name) or a Military ID
American Services Technology Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. American Services Technology Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.37 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- NCDLwithGOLDstar,NC Registration/Insurance,or Military ID (Required)