Communications Specialist or Senior Associate-1800000774
Communications Specialist or Senior Associate
Your peers recognize you as someone who values innovation and knowledge; you care about people’s lives, social and environmental issues, and you want to make a difference in the development of Latin America and the Caribbean. At the IDB you can apply your skills to our ongoing projects and have a positive impact on more than 633,000,000 lives.
Are you a top-notch communicator who is client focused and can turn complex ideas into engaging content? We are looking for two dynamic communicators to join our external relations team in Washington DC. You will be responsible for defining and executing a broad range of communication solutions to help promote the Bank’s brand, knowledge and activities. Candidates should have phenomenal presentation and copywriting skills in both, English and Spanish. Experience in corporate communications, digital marketing and project management are important qualities too. Your positive attitude and strategic thinking will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external stakeholders alike.
: The Department of Knowledge, Innovation and Communication at the IDB is looking for two communications professionals with 4 years of experience in a strategic communications role, for a 3-year contract to take place at IDB Headquarters in Washington DC beginning August 1st, 2018.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement effective corporate communication strategies for assigned country offices and/or Bank sectors. Align corporate communication products and services to measurable targets and impact indicators.+
- Manage media relations and outreach for corporate events. Create and/or pitch stories and interviews to priority media outlets.
- In coordination with the digital and production services teams, create digital and social medial content for the Bank’s corporate channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram). Manage digital marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Produce a broad range of corporate communications products such as op-eds, blogs, speeches, talking points, videos, TED Talk-style presentations, etc.
- Ensure that key brand attributes and messages are incorporated into communications and marketing plans.
- Implement trainings to improve the communications skills of Bank staff.
- In coordination with the data and analytics teams, produce reports to inform communications efforts, manage crisis and evaluate communications performance.
Skills you’ll need:
: Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or other related field.
: Minimum of four years of experience in a marketing communications role. Experience in managing multiple accounts and proven analytical skills. Experience in working with cross-functional teams. Demonstrated interpersonal, organization and time management skills. Proven ability to analyze and improve work processes and policies.
Solid understanding of current industry standards and techniques for digital content creation are required, including familiarity with digital content platforms such as Hootsuite and Wordpress. Familiarity with social media metrics platforms such as Quid and Brandwatch is preferred. Knowledge of best practices for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and online lead development strategies is desired.
English and Spanish required.
Link to Technical Competencies ( please Ctrl + Click)
Link to Core Competencies ( please Ctrl + Click)
Type of contract:
Length of contract:
August 1st, 2018
You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of development fields, including transportation, health, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
At the Inter-American Development Bank, we’re devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
Primary Location: HQ-US-Washington DC
Job Posting: Jun 22, 2018, 4:00:00 AM
Closing Date: Jul 14, 2018, 3:59:00 AM
Contact Name - External
: Jobs Online
Contact Email - External