Corporate Counsel – Alltech, Inc.
Alltech, Inc., in Nicholasville, Kentucky, is seeking a qualified corporate attorney to join its in-house legal team. The successful candidate will provide legal support to the business units across the enterprise. Projects will include drafting and negotiating confidentiality agreements and commercial contracts (including supply and distribution agreements, marketing agreements, letters of intent, term sheets, and transaction agreements), assisting with the management of the company’s intellectual property portfolio, and providing general counsel to key business partners.
- Negotiating and drafting agreements and contracts on behalf of the company (including confidentiality agreements, supply and distribution agreements, marketing agreements, letters of intent, term sheets, and transaction agreements).
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issues.
- Working collaboratively with other departments within the company, particularly marketing, operations, finance, and research & development.
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with various commercial and transactional matters.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Partnering closely with the regulatory department to address and resolve compliance matters.
- Assisting with the development of corporate policies on contract management.
About the Company:
- J.D. degree.
- Must be admitted to a recognized bar in the U.S.; admission in Kentucky not required.
- Minimum of 4 – 7 years general corporate and transactional legal experience in a large law firm or corporate legal department. Prior in-house experience preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, collegial relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision, and collaboratively as part of a larger team.
Alltech is a privately held company that is headquartered in Nicholasville, Kentucky. The company has operations throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Alltech provides solutions for the sustainable nutrition of plants, animals and people. With expertise in yeast fermentation, solid state fermentation and the science of nutrigenomics, Alltech is a leading producer and processor of yeast additives, organic trace minerals, feed ingredients, premix and feed.