Jamison Professional Services, Inc. (“JPS”) is currently seeking qualified and motivated candidate for the position of WORD PROCESSOR II / TRANSCRIPTIONIST
Scope of Responsibilities:
The scope includes, but is not limited to, the accurate transcription of hearings. Most of the hearings are less than 60 minutes in length and are recorded on digital media. Operator shall accurately transcribe verbatim the entire hearing proceedings and provide one electronic (PDF) copy.
- Editing and reformatting written or electronic drafts. Examples include: adjusting spacing formatting and standardizing headings, margins, and indentations.
- Transcribing legal proceedings, or similar material from voice tapes.
Must be able to meet specific deadlines for completion of transcripts.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum typing speed 65 wpm, minimum 90% accuracy, preferably 95%
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent/Active listening and reading comprehension skills
- Effective time management skills
- Effective monitoring skills
- Effective communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- One (1) year as a word processor or transcriptionist
- Minimum a High School diploma preferred
- Government Clearance is a plus
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client. Benefits available and excellent wage.
JPS Corporate Overview:
Jamison Professional Services, Inc. (“JPS”) a CVE Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned small business, is a customer driven firm with an extensive record of providing superior professional support services to our clients, supporting single and multiple nationally and internationally requirements. JPS consistently and successfully delivers qualified employees to numerous Federal agencies as well as other public and private sectors across a broad field of occupations and disciplines.
JPS offers a wide range of employment opportunities in the commercial and government arenas. We seek employees who share our values of service excellence, integrity and professionalism.
JPS affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment and/or discrimination. In addition, JPS adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business.
JPS's commitment to equal opportunity is applied through every aspect of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, termination, and all other matters of employment.
Applicants may be required to successfully complete an online test to determine qualification for positions requiring specific skills.
Please DO NOT contact JPS regarding this opportunity. All applications must be submitted through our applications system at: http://careers.jps-online.net/x/openings