Looking for a career change to the healthcare field but don't have the experience? Just starting out on your own? If so, Staffing Now has an excellent employment opportunity with one of our largest clients in the Senior Living industry. The client, a luxury Retirement Community, is seeking diligent and compassionate Customer Service Representatives for their Food & Beverage Department.
This isn't your average senior living facility - you'll work at a beautiful, sprawling property that feels like an Ivy League campus with Members who are enjoying their autumn years in style.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing the highest level of dining and beverage service to Members of the Community while building trusted and valued relationships. You'll serve food, provide basic assistance to residents and receive on-the-job training for a potential promotion to the community's Member Services and Hospitality Departments.
The Customer Service Representative will:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Interact with Residents to ensure their satisfaction, build relationships and gain insight that is helpful in meeting their needs.
- Ensure that the dining experience, presentation and sequencing of food, table settings and surroundings meet and exceed the expectations of customers.
- Provide additional assistance as needed (e.g., walk Member back to apartment/villa, bring food to them when they are not feeling well, etc.).
- Support other dining and kitchen Team Members by cleaning, maintaining and restocking stations and completing related responsibilities so that the transition from one shift to the next is seamless.
- Describe menu selections and wine pairings, answers questions and seeks additional information from Executive Chef, Dining Room Manager, and/or Director of Hospitality, if needed, in order to provide customers with all the information needed to make their selections.
- Input data into the POS system and update customer preferences into the system as needed
- Works collaboratively with all Team Members and takes whatever action is necessary to provide the highest level of service to all Members.
- Must be a flexible, highly customer service and people-oriented individual who demonstrates compassion, patience and understanding and is willing to do whatever it takes to provide the highest level of service.
- Must be well-organized with the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities and changing priorities, while maintaining an upbeat, customer service focus.
- Must be a team-oriented individual who enjoys working collaboratively with others, creating a positive and uplifting environment, and communicating effectively at all levels.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekend and holidays.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, initiative, follow through and sense of timing is required.
- The ability to learn and use the computerized ordering and billing system is essential.
- Experience having worked in a restaurant or lounge is a plus.
- Takes pride in personal appearance and professional demeanor.
- Must have the ability to learn and apply knowledge regarding food and beverage preparation, presentation, sequencing of food, table set-up and maintenance of station and dining facility.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs. (trays, large coffee pots, dish pans, pots, silverware, dry storage, linens, etc.).
- Must be able to stoop as well as stand and walk continuously.
- Must be able to move arms and hands in various directions to clean tables and workstations.
- Must be able to lift and move tables and chairs, boxes and other containers.
- Must be able to use sharp utensils
Those interested in applying should send their resume and hourly salary requirements to Staffing Manager Nick Bajzek via firstname.lastname@example.org