Assists in the effective and efficient operation of the outpatient department under the supervision of the Controller. Works cooperatively with member of the outpatient departments (Endoscopy, Pain Management, Hyperbaric Unit, Rehabilitation, Radiology) to register, verify insurance and coordinate scheduling of the outpatient procedures.
- Coordinates intake of the scheduling of the outpatient and inpatient procedures.
- Performs clerical functions for all outpatient departments.
- Answers telephone and intercom, takes messages and communicates messages to the appropriate department personnel.
- Assistant patients and visitors as needed.
- Prepares end of the month reports.
- Perform clerical duties related to the admission and discharge of patients.
- Orders office supplies, receives and places items in their proper storage area.
- Makes copies of all necessary documents (patient’s insurance cards, I.D. Cards)
- Assist Physicians and nurses in coping the necessary patient documents.
- Verify and collect insurance information from the patient or Doctors offices within HIPAA guidelines.
- Assistants and direct patients to the proper department.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Minimum of one to two years experience in a hospital outpatient setting preferred.
High school graduate or equivalent (GED).
Prefer one to two years experience
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here.