SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
The Commodity Manager/Global Planner at Sciex is responsible for understanding regional/global strategies and provide work direction to the Regional buyers. This position manages key strategic suppliers within a distribution environment on a global level. The Global Planner will also collaborate with Sales & Marketing, Finance, and Operations to integrate business processes, develop solutions and plan all forecasting models.
Additionally, this position is responsible for diagnosing service level failures and understanding corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence. Determines inventory policy throughout the supply chain process, review replenishment targets, and sustain an effective planning inventory model, including forecast, globally, and proactively manage inventory.
• Work closely with Regional Buyers, Global Supply Chain and Product Managers and support/lead any escalation activities.
• Participate on cross functional Global Teams representing Global Planning for assigned commodities.
• Lead, organize and chair cross functional team meetings, including suppliers, for forecasting preparation.
• Coordinate weekly meetings with key strategic suppliers and review outputs of inventory availability.
• Prepare and maintain financial inventory goals and document any root cause misses.
• Responsible for tracking of actual inventory vs. design plan and provide updates to core team.
• Proactively rebalance any inventory and intervene for product allocations.
• Review On Time Delivery misses and document findings with corrective actions.
• Validate suggested Reorder Point value and forecasts within Oracle software system.
• Work with cross functional teams for New Product Introduction including distribution plan and part number set up.
• Participate in Excess and Obsolete validation and provide recommendations
• Maintain Key Performance Indicators metrics.
• Participate in any required Kaizen/DBS workshops.
• Develop policies, processes, and systems.
Successful candidates will be:
• Results oriented – has track record for delivery results, takes ownership and is accountable
• Stretch oriented – embraces and thrives on challenge and continuous improvement.
• 5 + yrs. experience within a Global Planning position.
• 3+ years proven experience managing strategic suppliers.
• Proficient in Microsoft suite products
• Bachelor’s degree
• Advanced skills in Excel, V12.1.3
• Global Planning experience in Chem / Biotech background experience
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Redwood City