We are seeking a Senior Auditor, Senior Accountant or Audit Associate. If you enjoy building your skills around auditing and other accounting services, then we are looking for you.
We can offer a position with remote work flexibility, challenge, growth potential, and competitive compensation and benefits. Each of our professionals has his or her own office, therefore you can be safe and secure when working in our office. We use Microsoft Teams extensively to interact safely with each other.
Our office is a short walk from White Flint Metro. Our building has underground parking, which is a luxury on Rockville Pike. It also has a deli for when you want to grab a quick lunch.
Sarfino and Rhoades LLP is a well‐established CPA firm which provides audit, tax, consulting and other accounting services. We have been in business for 49 years.
Do not be just a number in a large firm, and do not be forced to choose between audit and tax if you do not want to. We are not too big and not too small. Our size provides opportunities for accountants to either remain generalists, continuing to develop skills in both audit and tax, or to develop specialization.
If the qualifications and benefits listed below describe your background and interests, then we are interested in speaking with you. Come be an important part of our team.
Responsibilities, Experience and Skills Desired for Senior Auditor, Senior Accountant or Audit Associate:
- Perform audits and learn the art of auditing by working directly with our Audit Managers
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a public accounting firm and CPA license (or substantial progress toward CPA exam and 150 credits). Career changers should have CPA license (or substantial progress toward CPA exam and 150 credits) and background of general ledger maintenance
- Income tax preparation opportunities available
- Excellent communication skills required; fluent in English
- Experience with audit and tax software; experience with ProSystem Engagement is a plus
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
- Service attitude required
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive salary, commensurate with background and experience
- Each employee has their own office
- Work from home available two days per week
- 12‐15 paid vacation days, depending on experience, plus 7 paid sick days
- Mandatory weekend off during tax season
- 8 Additional paid days off after the April 15 busy season
- Flex time available after demonstrated performance
- 401k retirement plan with matching and profit‐sharing
- Health, life and disability insurances plus Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- 40+ hours of CPE provided annually plus license fees and membership fees
- Convenient technology resources for remote working
- Short walk to White Flint metro
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location