Carmeuse Lime & Stone based in Pittsburgh, PA, is North America's largest producer of lime and limestone products. A division of the global Carmeuse Group based in Europe, Carmeuse Lime & Stone manufactures as much as 7 million tons of finished products and 25 million tons of chemical limestone and aggregates every year.
Backed by over 150 years of experience and teamed by over 2,000 employees, Carmeuse operates 28 manufacturing facilities in the USA and Canada.
Our products are quarried and mined from natural, high quality deposits of limestone and then graded and manufactured into quicklime, hydrated lime, and high purity chemical grade limestone. These products are used in a variety of industries including power generation, steel making, water and waste treatment, construction, land development, building materials, and paper manufacturing.
As a natural product, lime makes an excellent choice for these commercial applications, and is a leading contributor to the maintenance and preservation of the world's ecosystem.
Using cutting edge technology, the Carmeuse team conducts constant research and development to ensure the reliability of its products and meet customer needs. We also provide customer specific in-field application support. A network of terminals, employing trains, trucks, and barges, transports products to meet customer’s “On-time” demands.
•Create and sustain a zero injury culture and monitor effectiveness of initiative
- Provide leadership to ensure all company safety rules and regulations in accordance with Mine Safety & Health Administration are observed by employees. This includes planning the necessary resources in manpower and budgeting to accomplish site safety goals and administer safety initiatives
- Monitor environmental compliance and ensure housekeeping standards are met
- Interface with regulatory agencies as required
- Maintains community relations
- Develop and execute site plans for the implementation of company initiatives
- Ensure quality of product during process and adjust production plans to meet customer requirements
- Understand and follow the collective agreement
- Implementation of training plans to provide employees with the necessary training to perform their job safely and effectively
- Drive site performance through effective use of the System for Management, including continuous improvement and non-conformance resolution
- Monitor and maintain the Industrial plan including prioritization and monitoring of Capital project work
- Routinely monitor key performance indicators identifying opportunities for improvement and making appropriate supervisory and management personnel aware of the findings
- Manage overtime requirements to meet sales, production and maintenance requirements
- Ensure the execution of the daily production plan. Explains significant variances from the plan and provides leadership for improvements within the operations groups
- Monitor workload to evaluate the staffing levels
- Monitor costs and implement cost reduction projects which are consistent with budgets and business plans, quality requirements, and available resources
- Contribute to the formulation of business plans and budgets, and the achievement of approved goals and objectives
- Support development of personal and professional direct reports
Carmeuse offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that may include medical, dental, life, disability, vacation, holiday, and 401(k) savings plan, depending on your work location.
•Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Mining, Business or related field
- Minimum 5+ experience progressive experience in mining or heavy engineering industry
- Minimum of 5+ years managerial experience with increasing responsibility
- Outstanding judgment and mature business skills, with the ability to establish a strong rapport with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, strong organization and prioritization skills; detail & process oriented with strong problem resolution abilities
- Understanding of basic workings of plant equipment – mechanical/electrical exposure
- Demonstrable success in cultural 'turn around' a plus.
- Proven in leading operational excellence through applying behavior based management
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of operational management
- Knowledge of people management skills
- Strong knowledge of Carmeuse policies, processes, and procedures
- Experience in mining and/or heavy engineering industry
- Knowledge of continuous manufacturing business sector
- Technical creditability as it relates to industry, with a preference on mining and kilns
- Ability to build relationships across the organization
- Establish strong team environment within the site
- Demonstrate knowledge of business acumen by building appropriate aspects of the business plans, budgets, and achieves goals and objectives
- Ability to manage operational systems while providing oversight to various activities within the region
- Ability to maintain positive and responsive interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrates strong organization and facilitation skills; e.g. planning and organizing, problem solving, analytical, decision making, multi-tasking, etc.
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate technical, managerial, and business topics to all audiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and technical aptitude
- Forward thinking and challenging the status quo
- Efficient in change management practices