The DoubleTree Hotel Oak Brook is looking for a General Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will provide leadership expertise that ensures the effective and efficient operation of the hotel, including, but not limited to, the quality of services provided and the achievement of stated operational goals and profitability objectives. The General Manager will manage the operations of the hotel in order to maximize profitability and to ensure superior guest service and product quality.
- Lead, through subordinate staff, the effective management of the Rooms, Food & Beverage and Engineering functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing levels of guest satisfaction.
- Direct the maximization of room revenue by anticipation of market shifts, development and monitoring of annual business and marketing plans, and participating in appropriate national marketing efforts.
- Measure the effectiveness of broad-based marketing plans and yield management efforts to maximize the number of market segments needed and to diversify the sources of revenues.
- Ensure the development of a realistic and attainable strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability objectives.
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image, and to protect assets from neglect, damage or deterioration.
- Conduct regular staff and employee meetings.
- Work with Human Resources department to ensure a productive, participative, and comfortable work environment in which all employees are valued and treated lawfully and consistently, and to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal employment and labor laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, Equal Pay Act, and Pregnancy Discrimination Act. Directly facilitate open employee communications to discern grievances and to respond to these grievances in all appropriate manners including redressing those meriting correction.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Develop and maintain rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the community.
- Be a leader and a role model to all employees.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Desire to participate as part of a team.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills.
- Ability to assess/evaluate other employees’ performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of managers
- Knowledge of hotels and competitive markets.
- Participate in the development of short- and long-term financial and operational goals of the hotel.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Possess advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within all hotel disciplines, including experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Ability to apply supervisory/management (soft) skills.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
This company operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Total schedule flexibility including nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 3 years (Preferred)