Home Partners of America (HPA) is a residential real estate investment company committed to providing responsible households with a New Path to Homeownership through its innovative Lease with a Right to Purchase Program.
The Data Scientist Junior Associate will help with production data and systems used in HPA’s most critical business intelligence and data analytics tasks, with the opportunity to engage with the production process from beginning to end. Projects will center on working with large datasets around real estate, credit underwriting, consumer behavior and property-level information, such as maintenance spend and rental payment tendencies, to create forecasts and models. Other projects will include further development of existing algorithms and models for determining rent pricing strategies, home values, portfolio analysis and management, risk modeling of consumers and other data analytics exercises as required.
The Junior Associate can expect to be writing code and scripting on a daily basis using Python, working cross-functionally with the Data Engineers and Software Developers on the team as well as gaining exposure to data management, data storage, and data visualization techniques.
The Junior Associate will be expected to do some manual work and ad hoc tasks to supplement and help out the senior members on the team. They are expected to bring energy and enthusiasm as they learn more about both how the real estate market works as well as develop their technical skills.
- Conduct research and analysis at the direction of senior members of the analytics team– ranging from producing summary statistics to more sophisticated analysis.
- Design strategies for analyzing large datasets, including geospatial datasets.
- Assist in working through strategies for cleansing data after encountering during normal work processes.
- Develop financial and technical models for reporting and business intelligence tasks.
- Work hands-on with large sets of real estate data and consumer data to help develop new applications, databases and data structures.
- Research and implement machine learning models on an as needed basis.
- Perform ad hoc requests in line with business priorities.
- Undergraduate Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or commensurate technical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and ask pointed questions.
- 0-2 years of experience in a technical role or analytics role (software development, data science, etc.)
- Demonstrated interest in learning more about scripting languages (Python, etc.).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated interest in learning analysis techniques such as machine learning and regression analysis.
Home Partners of America and Pathlight Property management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions including the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, veteran or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations in which we operate.