Texas Health Resources is seeking to hire a Community Resources Coordinator in the Community Health and Benefit Admin Department.
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231.
Min $13.46 – Max $20.63, based on relevant work experience.
Variable shifts to include nights and weekends based on the departments need.
This position will support the Texas Health Dallas SEARCH program through an integrated approach to care management and community outreach in the South Dallas area. As a priority, activity will promote, maintain, and improve the health of patients and their family by providing resources to educate residents on the importance of getting regular Mammograms. The essential duties of this job are:
- Responsible for establishing trusting relationships with community members and their families while providing general support and encouragement. Exhibit excellent working relations with patients, visitors and staff, effectively communicating Texas Health Dallas’ mission.
- Provide ongoing follow-up, basic motivational interviewing and goal setting with patients/families. • Follow-up with screening/diagnostic patients via phone calls, home visits and visits to other settings where patients can be found. Help patients set personal goals, and attend appointments.
- Assist patients with completing applications and registration forms. Conduct eligibility determination, enrollment and follow-up with uninsured patients. Provide referrals for services to community agencies as appropriate.
- Help patients connect with transportation resources and give appointment reminders in special circumstances.
- Be knowledgeable about community resources appropriate to needs of patients/families.
- Work closely with medical provider to help ensure that patients have comprehensive and coordinated care.
- Follow-up with patients should be continuous from initial identification through closure. Work cooperatively with other clinical personnel assigned to the same patient.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma required
- Successful completion of a Community Health Worker formal training program such as from a college or other education institution preferred
- 1 year of experience working in a community-based setting preferred
- Written and oral fluency in Spanish and English required.
- Experience working in a multicultural setting.
- Knowledge of some medical terminology preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Understand the community served (community connectedness).
- Good communication skills, such as listening well, and using language appropriately.
- Ability and willingness to provide emotional support, encouragement and motivation to patients.
- Ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams, including communicating with Texas Health Dallas Breast Center and Texas Health Wellness for Life Mobile Mammography teams.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries.
We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
- 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor