The Assistant Community Manager is responsible for effectively assisting the Community Manager in smooth operations of the property. They are specifically in charge of make ready, purchasing, delinquency, posting rents, and classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete, while assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community. They receive commissions for delinquency management, new leases and renewals.
Required Work Experience
- Must have 2 years of experience in Apartment industry
- Bilingual (Fluent in English and Spanish)
- Candidate must be authorized to work legally in US
Reports to: Community Manager with frequent communication to track daily, weekly, monthly operations and property activity.
Wage Status: Hourly (Non-exempt; eligible for over time)
Commission Structure: Assistant Community Managers are eligible for
- Monthly Delinquencybonus (up to $700 per month)
- Monthly LeasingCommission (starting at $50 per lease and goes up to $125 per unit)
- Monthly RenewalCommissions (starting at $30 per renewal and goes up to $75 per unit)
1. Rent Collections and Delinquency
- Accept rental payments and post rents to OneSite, prepare deposit slips on an on-going basis.
- Send the required notices in a timely manner as per company policy in regards to collecting delinquencies from residents.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations for eviction hold agreements, promise to pay agreements, and evictions.
- Prepare final account statement for past residents within 3 business days
- Provide accounting support to Manager (Data gathering and analyzing in preparation for Property Mgr).
2. Purchasing and Accounting Reports
- Receive approval from manager for all received invoices.
- Enter invoices (approved by manager) on the same date as invoice is received with correct coding according to company procedures.
- Create purchase orders in OneSite for office supplies, make ready and general maintenance supplies twice a month with correct coding according to company procedures.
- Maintain Asset Tracking sheet on a monthly basis.
- Provide general clerical assistance to community office (permit processing.)
- Ensure that all proper and legal documents are received, current, accurately verified and entered into the computer from new vendors, prior to payment being processed.
- Assume Community Manager’s duties/authority in absence of immediate supervisor in accordance with company and community guidelines.
- Monitor renewals. Distribute renewal notices 30/60/90 days in advance of lease expirations.
- Update property worksheet for your own renewals on a daily basis.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices; enforce policies of the community.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments. Enter complete Service Requests in Sightplan. Upon completion of service requests, follow up on within 24 hours with residents.
- Keep track of resident referrals. Make sure resident referrals are properly requested following company policy in a timely manner and distributed to the referring residents.
- Assist in planning all resident functions. Attendance and participation to host in a minimum of (1) per month as directed by the Community Manager.
4. Make Ready
- Create a list of units to be made ready on Property worksheet in the 1st week of month.
- Monitor and coordinate the process of making a unit ready from start to finish with help of in house team and external vendors, following the company policies and procedures.
- Get the make ready planning form filled at the start of make ready process
- Make ready planning form must be checked for completion before upload to OneSite Facilities. Ensure the company quality standards are met with respect to the units made ready before an apartment is made ready in OneSite.
5. Leasing and Marketing
- Greet prospects and qualify by explaining the resident qualifying criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, have the criteria signed, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits in I Love Leasing. All traffic must be tracked by close of same day business.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Process applications for approvals in OneSite (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) within 24 hours of receiving application and submit the documents to Central screening for approval. Follow up with applicant within (3) days regarding status of application.
- Follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again same business day. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect’s needs.
- Secure new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork within 5 business days of approval and prior to move-in.
- Complete comprehension of the TAA lease contract and all addendums.
- Orient new residents to community rules and amenities on the day of move-in.
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Assist in conducting market surveys and shop competitive communities once a month for review by management.
6. Other Responsibilities:
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Have a working knowledge of OneSite, Sightplan, Bluemoon, and I Love Leasing.
- Ad hoc tasks or responsibilities that may be given to the Assistant Manager by management.
7. Basic Job Functions:
- Must possess strong attention to detail and sales ability.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Competence in operation of telephone, copy machine, facsimile, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office and Google docs including Word, Google Docs, Excel, Google Sheets and community software (OneSite, Sightplan, Bluemoon Forms, I Love Leasing).
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
About Ashford Communities
Ashford Communities, a Texas based Property Management Company owning and managing over 4400 units, has enjoyed success and growth in this industry for over 19 years and anticipates continued growth. This is a great opportunity to work for a Company supports your growth by providing opportunities to continuously learn. The Company strongly believes in its vision of creating a community where residents feel that they belong. Working according to the core values of the Company, Ashford provides a caring and belonging environment where people are invited to excel and reach their full potential.
At “Ashford”, we have embraced values that will push the organization through the challenges ahead in order to achieve the goals envisioned to success. These values are:
- TEAMWORK : We work as a team to promote loyalty, share ideas, and to achieve sustainable growth.
- EXCELLENCE: We are committed to excellence in performing our daily tasks.
- ATTITUDE: We have a passion for what we do.
- CARING: As a company we value kindness and promote the cultivation of a caring and responsive environment.
- HONESTY: We act consistently with integrity, honesty and sound moral character.
So if you are looking for a career and not just another job, we want to hear from you!
Ashford’s dedication to recruiting “A” type players in this industry assures that you will be among the best and brightest in property management.
At Ashford Communities, our employees are just as important to us as our residents. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet your needs. Additional benefits are achieved the longer you are with us, such as increased paid time off. Here are just a few of the benefits Ashford Communities offers:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Apartment Discount (subject to availability & approval)
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick days
- Incentive Bonus programs
- Development through Training
- Employee Recognition
- Employee Referral Plan
If you’re up for the challenge, Ashford Communities is the place for you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Assistant Community Manager: 2 years (Preferred)
- Houston, TX 77074 (Preferred)