Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger…At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve, and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality, and inclusion journey!
We are offering a great career opportunity at our Distribution Center in Fort Mill, SC for a Loss Prevention Associate – 2nd Shift
Shift: 2:30 PM – 11:30 PM Second Shift
Pay: $18.00 hourly (including shift differential)
The primary purpose of a Loss Prevention and Safety Associate, (LPA), is to protect the associates and assets of Ross
- Proactively strive to support a Safety-first Culture, by enforcing and maintaining the company's established processes for facility safety and security and prevention of accidents and injuries.
- Conduct safety audits and monitor for fire hazards. The LPA shall proactively identify and urgently resolve safety matters affecting associate safety.
- Respond to Critical Incidents, assess the situation, and make First Responder decisions.
- Maintain post and monitor the assigned area of responsibility, conduct patrols, security audits, and utilize tools, technology, and processes for impacting shrink.
- Promote prevention through awareness and work to mitigate shrink by discovery, investigation, and resolution of theft.
To be successful in this role you must exemplify good judgment and strong decision-making skills, maintain confidentiality, contribute to positive company and department morale by participating in a strong and proactive team effort in supporting the company's goals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Strong command of English, both oral and written
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that include the ability to diffuse and resolve conflict situations
- Basic computer skills and ability to complete data entry
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds as needed
- Job frequently requires standing, walking and reaching throughout the shift
- Additional training and certifications will be provided and must be passed within the first 90 days
- Full-time Associates can earn up to 27 days off annually: Sick Time, Vacation Days, Anniversary (and ½ year Anniversary), Birthday (and ½ year Birthday) and Holidays
- Ross Stores Discount Card
- Health, Dental, Vision, etc. Insurance
- 401k Match
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
Work Location: In person