- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Powerpoint
The Administrative Assistant performs administrative duties for an individual, group, or department. Prepares reports, meeting minutes and correspondence. Creates and edits documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Manages schedules, arranges appointments and itineraries. Coordinates meetings, travel, conference calls, and completes expense reports. Answer and transfer phone calls. Remain knowledgeable of corporate or facility policies. May make contacts of a sensitive, complex, and confidential nature. May work for one or several department professionals, division heads, officers, or managers.
Education and Experience:
- Supports the team by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- May maintain manager's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries, and maintains a high level of customer service in all internal and external communications.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Organizes and maintain files and records.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by assisting with projects as needed.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred
- 3+ years of administrative support work, preferably for executive level staff.
- Requires strong computer and internet research skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and "can do" attitude are required.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Technical Proficiency: Applies the technical knowledge and skills required in order to achieve the expected outputs.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility: Ability to promise and deliver results, build effective relationships and establish a reliable track record.
- Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Flexibility: Is open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution.
May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.