Full-timeEstimated: $36,000 - $48,000 a year
Full Job Description
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Space Components Division is seeking a Facility / Contract Program Security Officer to join our team. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
- Develops, Implement, and administers security plans, programs, and policies for the protection of classified or proprietary materials, documents, hardware, and equipment.
- Prepares security plans outlining regulations, and establishes procedures for handling, storing, and keeping records, and for screening, granting personnel and visitors access to restricted areas, information and materials.
- Studies and implements federal security regulations that apply to company operations (NISPOM DoD 5220.22M and Industrial Security Letters).
- Obtains rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies.
- Maintains compliance with US Government security regulations and directives.
- Participates in internal and external security compliance assessment reviews and performs self-inspections to ensure compliance with government and company regulations/ requirements.
- Identify deficiencies and recommends corrective action.
- Conducts Physical Security duties and responsibilities for maintaining and establishing new Closed Areas (e.g., complete fixed/closed facility checklists/survey areas, tempest checklist, review and approve facility drawings for new or remodeled classified areas) to ensure compliance with company and government regulations/requirements.
- Investigates security violations and prepares reports specifying preventive action to be taken. Maintains personnel security database, conducts inquires for security incidents and ensures compliance with Government and company reporting regulations/requirements.
- Develops, Implements, and Administers Security Awareness and Refresher Training and OPSEC program in accordance with DoD 5220.22-M.
- Performs security indoctrination briefings for newly assigned personnel instructing individuals on the sensitivity of program information, requirements for safeguarding program documentation and facility security policies.
- Perform Personnel Security processes to assist in obtaining individual security clearances/accesses.
- Prepare, review, and submit DD254s and working with Enterprise Security Services Center. Manage subcontracts to ensure security compliance with government regulations /requirements.
- Maintains classified accountability program, oversees secure storage and work spaces for customers and company, conducts annual inventory of accountable classified material.
- Ensures that all classified materials held by the sites are compliant with the regulations and directives which govern marking, handling, controlling, removing, transporting, sanitizing, reusing, and destroying classified information and equipment containing classified information.
- Establish and maintain COMSEC and COMSEC accountability.
- Provides security support to all cleared employees and approved visitors.
- Conducts new employee security briefings, annual security refresher briefings, derivative classification training, exit interviews, debriefings, investigating and reporting security violations and incident reports.
- Maintains the facility Insider Threat Program and administer Insider Threat Training for the site.