Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The software engineer will work in a small team of developers to deliver a custom software application for the end user. The individual will design and/or customize software to optimize operational efficiency for a data management application, analyze/design databases within an application area-either on a team or individually, and research, design, develop and test operating system-level software and compilers.
- Research and development experience with details on progression of ideas to production systems
- Rapid development experience
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails with proven customer examples
- Experience with Linux in software development environment
- Previous on-site, development experience
- TS/SCI with Poly required
- Relational database experience-e.g., MySQL
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related scientific/technical discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.