Our company is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our accounting team. We are a locally owned and operated Fiber Optic telecommunications company based in Prattsburgh, NY with over 100 years of experience in the industry.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform all types of accounting related functions, such as preparing budgets, analyzing financials, preparing journal entries, maintain accurate records and assisting with special projects. The candidate must also be motivated to work independently, yet collaboratively in a diverse team environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with the creation, updating and maintaining of annual financial budgets and forecasts.
2. Analysis monthly actual to budget variances and prepare report detailing significant variances for department managers.
3. Preparing and posting pertinent information and charges to work orders.
4. Maintaining of accurate inventory accounting records.
5. Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions according to established accounting policies,procedures and classifications.
6. Distributes expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
7. Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
8. Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
9. Other duties may be assigned.
Associate/Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One or more years of related experience. Understanding of telecommunications accounting a plus.
This job is located at our headquarters in Prattsburgh, NY.
Empire Access is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time