Optomi, in partnership with one of the worlds largest telecommunications company, is seeking a Senior Program Manager for their Dulles, VA location. This is a CONTRACT TO HIRE, long-term opportunity!
The Senior Program Manager will lead both tactical and strategic initiatives in support of the blue hat security program. In this role, you will coordinate projects within the Security team and partner with other teams across the company. You will be responsible for managing programs as well as developing and managing processes company-wide in a variety of security areas including governance, architecture, vulnerability management, cloud security, product security, network security, intrusion detection, dev operations, data centers, IAM, enterprise security, incident response, and other critical areas of information security.
What the right person will enjoy!
- Partner with teams across the company including IT, Network, Engineering, and Legal to help protect over a billion users.
- Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts, and procedures as appropriate to project requirements
- This role provides significant growth in knowledge and experience in the areas of information security, program management, business operations, and business change management.
Apply if your background includes:
- 5+ years of experience in Program and/or Project Management
- 2+ years working on cyber security projects
- Bachelor Degree with a preference in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or technical related field
- Advanced degree preferred: Masters, MBA
- One or more of the following certifications: PMP, Agile, Scrum Master, Six Sigma, Scaled Agile
- One of the following security certifications is preferred: CISM, CISSP, GIAC
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and presenting security metrics
- Working knowledge of attacker lifecycles and defender strategies
- Familiarity with security frameworks such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework or ISO 27001/2.
- Experience with Google accounts - mail, calendar, docs, sheets, forms, presentation, drawing Change Management Capabilities
- Expert problem solver, using proven methods to solve difficult issues effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, builds rapport and effective relationships
- The Senior Program Manager is responsible for planning and executing projects within the information security portfolio
- Candidates should be familiar with common project/program management principles as well as demonstrate an understanding of the PMBOK (PMI) and Agile frameworks
- Working with the project teams and leadership, you’ll plan and deliver on initiatives accounting for resource needs, budgetary needs, and other factors to meet expected project timelines and goals
- Drive large, technical programs to address security needs
- Be accountable for the successful, on-time, and on-budget delivery of security projects
- Measure progress against goals and report to the team and up to executive leadership
- Manage a portfolio of 5 - 8 formal security projects, based on size, scope, and complexity
- Drive security and process improvements into the Security team and throughout the company
- Represent the Security Team and the PMO internally
***NO CORP to CORP. NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60.00 to $70.00 /hour
- Project Management: 5 years
- blue hat: 2 years
- Program Development: 3 years
- Cyber Security: 2 years
Required work authorization: