NiyamIT Inc., is a CMMI Level III-Dev appraised, ISO 9001:2015, 8(a) business with over 11 years of experience supporting Federal, State, Local, and Commercial customers. We are a growing organization looking for talented professionals to join our team and grow with us. NiyamIT is an Esri "Special Achievement in GIS (SAG)" award-winning (for Hazus) business partner.
We provide a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. We cover 100% of the Health Insurance for our employee, for example. If you’re ready to make a difference, we are interested in hearing from you.
NiyamIT has an immediate opening for a Business Analyst (U.S. Citizenship required, local candidates only), to help FEMA begin a new era of Risk Rating and facilitate the development of IT systems to support this bright future. FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program will be undergoing some exciting transformations in data management, IT application enhancement and sustainment, and flood insurance product creation. The Business Analyst will play a key role in supporting this effort.
Tasks will include:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts. Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Helping to ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Coordinating user acceptance testing.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Helping the client prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- U.S. Citizenship
- A bachelor’s degree in business, emergency management, IT or relevant computer or engineering field, or equivalent experience in similar fields or in the insurance or civil engineering industries
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills and excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
All positions at NiyamIT are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and obtaining a Public Trust clearance from DHS.
Job Type: Full-time
- business analysis: 1 year (Required)