- Physical Examinations
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Identity And Access Management
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Mount Sinai Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM) is seeking a part-time Family Nurse Practitioner at the Comprehensive Health Center Clinic and the Jack Martin Fund Clinic. This position is funded under the HRSA Ryan White Early Intervention Services program and the HRSA Ryan White program for Women, Infants, Children, and Youth (WICY). S/he will care for clients eligible for these grant-funded services, including pediatric patients, adolescents and young adults, and women. S/he will also be the designated provider managing clients who are transitioning from pediatric care to adult care. S/he will work as part of a team providing these services, and will also see walk-ins and urgent care clients from our HIV Primary Care panel, part of Mount Sinai’s Designated AIDS Center.
- Assesses the health status of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history and physical examination.
- Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultations and laboratory examination, prescribes and alters medication regimens, interprets findings and alters plan of care according to collaborative practice agreement and protocols in designated area.
- Provides teaching and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, disease prevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses.
- Documents findings and plan of care in the patient's medical record.
- Consults with physician as established in the collaborative practice agreement.
- Performs a patient record review with the collaborating physician in a timely fashion but not less than every three months
- Advocates for patients/families and supports patients' rights.
- RN/ Registered Nurse License
- FNP/Family Nurse Practitioner License (A Nurse Practitioner is certified under section 6910 of the New York State Education Law and licensed as a Registered Nurse.)
- Master’s degree program designed to prepare Family Nurse Practitioner to provide acute/primary health care services to children, young adults and women or the successful completion of an approved supplemental education program, i.e., post Masters NP certificate.
- Is a graduate of New York State registered Nurse Practitioner Program or equivalent OR is certified as a Nurse Practitioner by a national association via examination.
- Has completed a pharmacy component of not less than the required semester hours or he equivalent AND has been instructed in New York State and Federal laws relating to prescriptions and record keeping (3-hour course).
- Has a collaborative practice agreement with a physician and designated protocols, both filed with the New York State Department of Education.
- Previous progressive experience relevant to the area of clinical practice.
- Bilingual English/Spanish desirable
Submit Cover Letter and Resume
Job Type: Part-time
- Family Nurse Practitioner: 1 year (Preferred)
Nursing Clinical Setting:
- General Hospital
- Large Clinic