The candidate must be organized, detail-minded, diligent, and personable. The ability to expedite and follow up on tasks is essential. Communicate with staff to ensure the smooth running of all projects. The nature of the work will require the candidate to be flexible in assuming varied office tasks, as they may arise. We are looking for an energetic assistant who can work a flexible schedule. The applicant will be held to very high job performance standards. In return, the assistant will have the opportunity to learn about multiple aspects of running things in this business.
The candidate must be able to drive, schedule meetings, manage calendars, answer phone calls, and take messages, but also draft correspondence such as emails and letters.
The candidate must have active listening and good communication skills, and be able to take accurate and comprehensive notes at meetings, to allow us to make efficient use of daily time.
- Run personal errands and assist with personal projects such as Turo.
- Purchases and controls office supplies and maintains general company equipment.
- Process credit card and check payments.
- Type up documents, letters, and reports.
- Generate month-end reports and reconcile receivables.
- Data entry
- Schedule and coordinate appointments and meetings.
- Organize travel arrangements, book flights, and accommodations.
- Take dictation and minutes.
- Create and reformat effective presentations and documentation.
- Demonstrate proficient use of printers, photocopiers, and fax machines.
- 1+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant
- High level of discretion and a high level of responsibility.
- Strong computer skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: $45.00 - $60.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Yorkville, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)