Olin Corporation is hiring a PeopleSoft Functional Analyst
to be located at our headquarters in Clayton, Missouri (St Louis area). This is a Corporate Human Resources position that will perform business process analysis, develop functional solutions to complex and unique problems relating to the management of human capital in the HRIS system for U.S. and International locations, payroll processing for the U.S and Canadian locations, compensation administration and benefits administration. The Analyst will also provide training and support to the corporate-wide end user community.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
Essential Functions/Basic Duties:
- Supports the Corporate and Division HR teams in identifying, analyzing and implementing improvements involving PeopleSoft applications
- Acts as subject matter expert (SME) to provide analysis of workflow, system capabilities, and potential configuration solutions
- Conducts fit-gap analysis of PeopleSoft with current and proposed processes and makes recommendations for optimization
- Communicates effectively with existing PeopleSoft team analysts and developers to create interface programs
- Supports HR Team to ensure successful and reliable interfaces between PeopleSoft and other systems, identifies interface requirements for data transfers between systems. Creates import/export templates or works with third party vendor to develop templates.
- Works hand-in-hand with the HRIS technical team to ensure that function and technical needs of the HRIS system align
- Works with business users to test Oracle PeopleSoft application components
- Plans and executes data conversion activities (e.g. test data) and configuration
- Coordinates the collection and preparation of requirements for major modules and serves as a liaison between the development team and the customer ensuring system needs are being met.
- Leads solution design to ensure business needs are met
- Creates standard, complex and customized queries and reports – audits existing queries for accuracy
- Collaborates with users to develop, maintain, and distribute reports/queries
- Determines data needs and develops new standardized reporting and how to adequately capture data
- Trains or schedules training for new PeopleSoft operators; provides refresher training as needed
- Trains HR Team (corporate-wide) on PeopleSoft functionality and reporting capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree*
- Minimum 4 years related and recent experience, specifically with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM)
- Thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 and how each module is interrelated, including an understanding of applicability to the HR function. Specific experience includes: Core HR, Recruiting Solutions, Base Benefits, Benefits Administration, Manager/Employee Self Service, Payroll for North America, Profile Management.
- Experience and knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 preferred
- Experience working with international employee data management in PeopleSoft 9.1 or 9.2 preferred
- Must be proficient with Payroll for North America configuration and processing
- Must be proficient with Base benefits configuration and processing
- Demonstrated HRMS experience must include a thorough knowledge of applicable reporting tools – i.e. Query and Crystal – and record/layout/structure to analyze and determine the best method of data retrieval. Ability to read and interpret SQR and SQL is preferred. Ability to build query structure with eligibility file requirements.
- Experience with BI publisher preferred.
- Ability to provide effective error resolution, to develop applicable and accurate reports and to serve as liaison to IT for interpretation of HR functional needs.
- Experience in leading fit-gap sessions
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Outlook)
- Must be able to travel domestically, 5-15%.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, producing documentation to a very high standard and ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and management within areas of responsibility.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills to prioritize conflicting deadlines and needs.
- Must possess strong attention to detail in order to ensure thorough application testing and to verify the accuracy and applicability of reports and data.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities, systems and needs is critical.
- Must have the ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to solve problems with multiple options or solutions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management.
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.