SQL DBA that will perform Operational SQL DBA functions as well as some ETL code break / fix and development utilizing SSIS. This is a fast paced growing environment that is looking for someone to enhance and own their SQL environment. The right individual will maintain their Data Warehousing environment as well as their Microsoft SQL OLTP and OLAP databases in development, testing, and production environments and will administer and support third-party vendor databases. Writes database code (stored procedures, scripts, triggers) and Integration Services packages for standalone use or for use by application programs. Implements and maintains adherence to accepted security standards. Oversees the stabilization and performance optimization of production databases. Functions as a Subject Matter Expert on database development.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Engineering or related field with programming and database systems coursework or equivalent database administration experience.
- 5+ years as a SQL Database Administrator with progressively higher-level experience leading to a Senior Database Administrator role or equivalent
- Experience with all facets of the SQL Server Services group: Database Services, Reporting services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS) and Analysis Services (SSAS). Version 2008 R2 or higher.
- Must have Senior SQL Data Warehousing Skills with the ability to gather requirements, architect Data Model, Dictionaries, data flows assisting with analytics and reporting.
- Design and implement BI architectures based on the business, data and functional requirement
- Develop, maintain, document and manage BI Solutions
- Ensure solution designs address performance requirements, reusability, availability, integrity, security challenges, and business functional requirements
- Understand the source data components and how they integrate with each other which might be both relational and dimensional
- Interact with the end-users and business leaders to understand business needs
- Provide technical guidance to end-user to best address business functional requirements
- Knowledge of Visual Studio 2008 and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- This position REQUIRES applicants to be US Citizens due to DoD restrictions
- Responsible for the full life cycle of all Microsoft SQL data base platforms.
- Plans, designs, develops, and maintains SQL databases in development, Quality Assurance, and production environments.
- Reviews project requests and guides less experienced DBAs. Provides cost, design, and work estimates.
- Designs, recommends and promotes implementation of required database structures.
- Develops and applies procedures relating to database and application security.
- Monitors access time performs validation checks and uses other methods to monitor and analyze database performance and ensures acceptable performance.
- Develops and applies procedures for adhoc and regularly scheduled database backups and configures databases to support individual recovery models.
- Provides database restores and advises on long term storage of backups.
- Performs security related functions centered on NIST compliance including, automated scan reviews and remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Identifies and advocates beneficial change opportunities.
- Acts as a technical resource for application and data users, data administrators and others.
- Serves as point of contact with technical peers for the resolution of infrastructure-related issues.
- Performs analysis, feasibility studies and vendor comparisons leading to the acquisition of database related products.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA, privacy and government security policies.
- Provides technical support and guidance for applications programming in support of all aspects of database systems.
- Develops, monitor and enforces standards for all database platforms.
- Creates databases, table spaces, tables, indexes, triggers, procedures, SQL Reports and all other objects.
- Create and support SQL Integration Service packages.
- Administer both internal and external facing SQL Reporting Services and Analysis Services implementation in development, testing and production.
- Defines the content and structure of the database (schema) and advises users on efficient techniques for extracting data.
- Consults with development groups concerning the impact new applications will have on the database.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date database system documentation.
- Assures accurate preparation of database reorganization/restructuring schedules.
- Supports all phases of testing. Correct errors and make necessary database modifications.
- Evaluates and recommends purchases of new hardware and software to improve database design, analysis, performance and reliability.
- Applies patches and application upgrades.
- Work with Oracle DBA to establish standards and methods for the database environment.
- Work with technical business groups to establish self-sufficiency for SQL report creation and deployment.
- Must have advanced knowledge of database design, development, and maintenance practices and principles, with specific experience in Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 and higher.
- Must have a strong knowledge of SQL Server database service, Integrations service and Reporting service, and should have a familiarity with SQL Analysis Service.
- Must have advanced knowledge in database procedures, tools, and utilities for maintaining and optimizing databases; strong understanding of database structure, application servers, and application infrastructure.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. A familiarity with Oracle administration 11.202 or higher and Oracle Grid a plus.
- Understanding and experience implementing NIST security standards is a plus.
Job Type: Contract