Under direct supervision, is responsible for maintaining production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies and staging of finished product assists in maintaining inventory records. Operates forklift and utilizes physical ability to lift and carry heavy objects when necessary. Prepares materials for safe transportation. Provides routine materials and inventory updates to manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners closely with the Materials Management Planner/Coordinator and Materials Management Manager or General Manager to monitor supply levels on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with the Materials Management Planner/Coordinator and Corporate Purchasing to identify missing inventory and reconcile records
- Assists in ensuring accuracy of supply and raw material consignment inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock. Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product for shipment to customers.
- Documents product shipment by recording units shipped.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies as needed.
- Supports an optimized production environment by applying the principles of Lean Manufacturing and 5S
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a minimum of one year of inventory management experience and a high school diploma or GED
- Requires a valid OSHA forklift operation certificate
- Must possess ability to lift loads of 60-100 pounds
- Requires availability to work occasional weekends, holidays and evenings as requested
- Must possess strong attention to detail and ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence.
- Requires ability to effectively compile and present concepts and documents to customers, vendors and other associates.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Must be skilled at computing rates, ratios and percentages.
- Requires ability to apply practical reasoning and to solve complex problems where limited standardization exists. Must be skilled at identifying the “root cause” of problems and determining corrective actions.
- Ability to effectively utilize a variety of technologies including GlobeTek, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- While performing the duties of the job is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Inventory Management: 1 year
- High school or equivalent