Manager of Entrepreneurship Program
DSST Public Schools (DSST) seeks a Manager of Entrepreneurship Program to join one of the leading charter school organizations in the nation to build nationally recognized entrepreneurship program. We serve 6-12th grade students across Denver and Aurora. Our mission is to transform urban public education by eliminating educational inequity and preparing all students for success in college and the 21st century.
Overview of Position:
The Manager of Entrepreneurship Program (E-Ship) will be responsible for the design, scaling, and support of our innovative grade 6-12 entrepreneurship program. This role requires both strategic and tactical skills to envision and implement transformative educational experiences for our students. This is a collaborative role working with teams in the Home Office, Teachers and Leaders in our schools, and industry/business experts in the community.
In our entrepreneurial studies program, students connect their studies to the world as they solve real and urgent problems for leading local businesses before prototyping and launching their own business ventures. As a result, the entrepreneurial studies team must regularly solicit student voice as well as input from industry experts to design cutting edge curriculum and projects.
The Manager of Entrepreneurship Program will lead critical work to:
Vision & Strategy:
- Manage and scale existing Entrepreneurial Studies courses, including summer programming
- Create transformative educational experiences for students that are grounded in quantifiable data
- Initiate and cultivate partnerships with industry & business leaders and mission-aligned colleges and universities to drive program design
Teacher and Leader Development:
- Define and implement a comprehensive vision for Entrepreneurial Studies at DSST, including courses offered, curriculum and assessments and teacher and leader development approach.
- Use data to effectively assess current state of Entrepreneurial Studies, diagnose areas of need and set goals.
- Set a multi-year strategy to move toward DSST's vision for Entrepreneurial Studies
- Engage in multiyear budget planning for the program
- In partnership with other Home Office teams, establish a vision and strategy for the development of DSST Entrepreneurial Studies Teachers and leaders, as well as General Education Teachers including coaching and professional development
- Coach, provide supplemental evaluation for, and support to teachers across multiple schools
- Plan and lead professional development for school leaders
- Support schools in planning and executing experiential learning related to the program, including exploration visits to companies, internships, and small team consulting projects with companies
- Recruit and maintain relationships with new business partners and social impact organizations.
- Engage in collaboration with industry and higher education content experts
- Develop robust e-ship brand in the larger Denver community.
DSST Public Schools seeks candidates with strong character, passion for excellence and a relentless commitment to student achievement.
- Preferred experience working in education; previous classroom teaching and project based learning design
- Preferred experience developing and executing strategy
- Preferred experience with industry and higher education partners
- Bachelor's degree required from accredited university
Commitment to Equity
- We believe that if we actively commit to equitable and inclusive practices aligned to our mission and values, our students and staff will achieve at high levels.
Commitment to Continuous Growth
- We believe that if we foster our own growth mindsets, our students and staff will develop a commitment to continuous improvement and thus maximize their potential.
Commitment to Healthy Team
- We believe that if we commit to modeling and fostering healthy teams, our students and staff will achieve a collective success that surpasses that of the individuals
Drives to Results
- We believe if we strategically develop systems and people with a driven sense of urgency and focus on results, our students and staff will achieve ambitious goals.
Compensation and Benefits:
DSST Public Schools is committed to providing our staff with benefit offerings that empower each of our employees to make the choices that best meet their individualized and personal needs while also keeping cost in mind.
DSST Benefit highlights include:
- Medical Plans offered through Kaiser
- $0 employee cost option!
- Annual Health Savings account (HSA) gift from DSST Public Schools
- 2 Dental Plans options offered through Principal Dental Group and Vision through VSP
- Employee Assistance and Counseling Support
- 401 (k) retirement plan with 5% annual gift from DSST regardless of personal contribution
- FMLA effective immediately (6 weeks paid, 6 weeks unpaid)
- Access to additional discounts through our benefit partners exclusively for DSST staff
- Candidates placed in Aurora Science & Tech. will be eligible for a PERA Retirement Plan
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout the day. The employee must lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds. The employee must have sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
DSST Public Schools Overview:
DSST Public Schools (DSST) operates a network of tuition-free, open-enrollment public STEM charter schools. All DSST schools operate within the Denver Public Schools (DPS) district and students are admitted through DPS' School Choice process. Our schools focus on building a community where students and staff are valued for their unique talents. Meaningful relationships are at the core of our model which is why our schools are small enough to ensure every student is known and valued for their individuality. We have developed systems and structures to ensure our students will be prepared for college, career and life. The student population across the DSST network is 83% students of color and 71% qualify for free and reduced lunch. This year, DSST will serve approximately 5,700 students at fourteen schools on eight campuses across Denver, and DSST will open its first campus in Aurora, Colorado in the fall 2019. At full enrollment, DSST Public Schools will serve over 10,000 students and will more than double the number of four year college-ready DPS graduates.
DSST Public Schools employees support each other not only to have fulfilling careers, but more importantly, to lead fulfilling lives that combines deeply meaningful professional work with personal well-being. Our core values are central to our program and to our results. These values are embedded in everything that we do and how we do it, both for our students and our staff. The six DSST core values are:
Respect - We appreciate each person and their story through our words, actions, and attitudes. We value their unique perspective and treat others with dignity.
Responsibility - We acknowledge that our actions and choices impact ourselves and our community. We take ownership for what we do and how we choose to do it.
Integrity - We act and speak with honesty, fairness, and thoughtfulness. We consistently align our words and actions.
Courage - We possess the confidence and resolve to take risks, push ourselves, and persevere in the face of pressure, adversity or unfamiliar circumstances.
Curiosity - We are eager to learn, questions, and explore. We have a thirst for knowledge, a love of investigation, and a desire to learn about ourselves, our community, and our world.
Doing Your Best - We put our best effort into everything we do. We know that individual and collective effort are required for our community to thrive.
DSST Public Schools proudly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Denver School of Science and Technology does not exclude participation in, deny benefits to or discriminate on the basis of, ethnicity, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities. (Protected Classes).
DSST Public Schools does not unlawfully discriminate against a member of a Protected Class in admission or access to, or terms and conditions of employment, or in its programs and activities. DSST Public Schools shall operate as an equal opportunity employer and will provide and safeguard the opportunity for all persons to seek, obtain, hold and advance in employment within the district without discrimination. The District shall actively promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive, aggressive, continuing affirmative action program.
Further, DSST Public Schools affirms the rights of all Protected Classes to be free from intimidation, discrimination, physical harm and/or harassment.
DSST Public Schools shall inform students, parents, employees and the general public each school year that the educational programs, activities and employment opportunities offered by the district are offered without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. The announcement shall also include the name/title, address and telephone number of the person designated to coordinate Title IX and Section 504 and ADA compliance activities.
Any person having inquiries concerning the School's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact the Assistant Superintendent or Human Resources.