The Araca Group is a leading, global entertainment & merchandising company that has been prospering for almost 25 years thanks to our innovative and collaborative team members.
Araca’s employees act as brand ambassadors through creating live event and ecommerce merchandise experiences for some of the world’s top entertainment properties including SEGA, Ghostbusters, Wicked, Cora Kai, Hadestown, The Book of Mormon, Jeopardy, Beetlejuice the Musical, and many more.
We are in search of a Jr Graphic Designer to join our Design team.
A day in the life of a Jr Graphic Designer:
· Creates product mock-ups for apparel, accessories, souvenirs, and packaging utilizing brand style guides as well as art supplied by Araca’s creative team
· Updates printed materials such as program books, inserts, and marketing materials
· Manages print on demand mechanical design and production workflow
· Manages organization and file structure of creative assets on cloud drive
· Lays out presentation decks, including, new product, capabilities, production, and pitch decks
· Sets up artwork within print guidelines using vendor templates
· Proofs mock-ups, decks, program books, and any other print collateral prior to distribution
· Works with the Product Development team to ensure designs are producible
· Assembles style guides and licensing materials
· Occasionally designs web banners for our ecommerce stores
THIS ROLE IS PERFECT IF YOU:
· Are passionate about theatre and love attending Broadway shows
· Love all pop culture and are a super fan of anything
· Obsessively follow trends in fashion, design, typography, and product development
· Are described by others as a meticulously, detailed person
· Can manage multiple (constantly shifting) deadlines and work well under pressure
· Enjoy typesetting and are well versed with the ins and outs of InDesign
· Adjust to change easily and positively
· Have purchased merchandise before
· 1 to 2 years graphic design experience in product-based production art, apparel/product graphics, or print. Some web experience a plus but not a deal breaker.
· A well-rounded portfolio showcasing skills in typography and typesetting. Packaging and print design projects are welcome as well.
- The Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign will be your bread and butter in this role – please be well versed in this program, Photoshop and Illustrator are highly desirable, Acrobat is a plus), Word, and PowerPoint
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and creative environment.
Missing some of these requirements, but know that you’re the right fit? We encourage you to apply and tell us why.
The Araca Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 1997, The Araca Group is a vertically integrated theatrical producing and merchandising company, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, London, and Sydney. Araca works closely with both new and established partners to activate fan engagement through merchandise experiences. Each activation is carefully tailored to support the brand's marketing strategy, generate revenue, and enhance the overall entertainment event.
As theatrical producers, our mission is to create entertainment that is artistically compelling to our audiences and financially successful for our investors. As merchandisers, our mission is to excite and engage our partners' audiences by delivering the highest quality products through innovative and strategic distribution channels.
Some of our clients include: Wicked, The Book of Mormon, Hadestown, Cobra Kai, SEGA, Outlander, The Masked Singer, Lionsgate, and Jeopardy. For more information go to www.araca.com.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Graphic design: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote