RN TRIAGE/OFFICE NURSE - FLOAT POOL
ELMHURST PHYSICIAN PRACTICE DIVISION
Full-Time - Benefit Eligible
IF YOU LIKE VARIETY AND CHALLENGE IN YOUR NURSING CAREER, THIS IS THE POSITION FOR YOU!! In this role, you will float to all of the Elmhurst Physician Practices - Primary and Specialty Care offices.
Hours: Monday-Friday, plus every other 1/2 day Saturday. NO SUNDAYS, NO HOLIDAYS. Flexibility is needed. The schedule/location may change before or during the shift. In this position, you must be able to travel to all locations: Elmhurst, Addison, Oak Park, Lombard, Hinsdale and Naperville.
***This position receives an extra float differential.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Clinical Staff provides high quality nursing care for patients as identified by the standards of Nursing Practice and the Illinois State Nurse Practice Act.
Responsibilities include: phone triage, patient advocate, patient education, immunizations, injections, nebulizer treatments, assist with department specific procedures, and point of care testing. Additional responsibilities include assisting with specialty procedures for the department, such as spirometry, skin testing, EKG’s and patient education on devices. Will also prep patients (room patients), complete patient refills, physical forms, start referrals, and medication forms. Will work with all patient ages - including Pediatrics and will learn vaccines for primary care.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Current Illinois RN licensure required.
- 2-4 years of experience working in specialty departments as indicated above
- Communicate clearly in English - written/oral; second language desirable (Spanish preferred)
- Annual CPR certification - American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Flexible to scheduling changes including overtime and Saturday hours
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to all sites, and automobile insurance
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and carry/push up to 20 lbs.
Location: Edward-Elmhurst Health · EC NURSING-FLT
Schedule: Full time, Days/Evenings, based on clinic needs