AWS Security Solution Architect
Location: Reston, VA
Duration: 6+ months contract/ contract to hire
Looking for someone who is focused on hands on engineer
- Must have hands on cloud background, not training.
- Senior Architect role, security background, needs to be hands on.
- This will start off as a contractor and convert down the line, 6 months to a year.
- - Proven expertise in mitigating and understanding threat vectors including actor behavior, DDoS, Phishing, Malicious Payload, Cloud, Mobile Devices, etc. Understand the cyber threat landscape.
- - Proven expertise in building a defense in depth infrastructure security architecture that includes security controls across multiple technology stack.
- - Ability to champion both conventional and non-conventional methods to protecting an enterprise at scale.
- - Strong knowledge in host based security solutions such as HIPS, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), end point protection, and application whitelisting.
- - - Strong knowledge of networking, Unix/Linux, NAS/SAN, virtualization, authentication, cryptography. Must be fully conversant up and down the technology stack.
- - - Working experience with IPS, DLP, Firewalls, SIEM, and security assessment tools/methodology (network, systems, and application).
- - - Must have solid knowledge and understanding of scripting and secure configurations for mainstream operating systems (*nix, Windows, etc.)
- - Architecture and solution design experience required to develop infrastructure based detailed design specifications.
- - Strong knowledge in enterprise logging and monitoring solutions including monitoring privilege user accounts and sensitive configuration files
- - Knowledge of Identity and Access Management, Cloud, and PKI/Certificate Services a plus
- - Message driven architecture experience/exposure
- - Expert in various patterns of enterprise architecture and best practices, to include data masking, encryption, logging,
- - Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
- - AWS Cloud Services experience; solution delivery expertise, migration of applications to the cloud, automation through various tools both AWS native and third-party. Serves as a leader in the AWS space for InfoSec interfacing with internal customers and other parts of InfoSec.
Core Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- - Experience in an environment using agile methodology
- - Experience not with just pure design, but experience in the actual delivery of projects
- - Process analysis and systematic thinking
- - Ability to manage resources, coordinate and administer team assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules
- - Ability to manage large, cross-divisional Program activities in a complex environment and drive results
- - Ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
- - Knowledge and/or experience relating to Outsourcing/Managed Service Provider governance, transition, contract management and performance management
- - Experience driving organizational change
- - Experience working in a matrixed team environment
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- - Client/Customer Service Delivery Experience
- - Experience in applying best practices related to Stakeholder Management
- - Experience researching and evaluating available technologies and standards to meet requirements
- - Thrives in a highly regulated, fast paced, and changing environment
- - Prior experience in financial services a plus
- - Prior experience working with Perl, Bash, Python, XML, REST API, and JSON desired
- - IT Security certifications required: CISSP or GIAC equivalent
- - AWS certifications desired: AWS Solution Architect
- - 5+ years of hands on experience in AWS Space
Melanie Da Costa
Endure Technology Solutions
Job Type: Contract