Unity Scientific, a leading supplier of NIR and Wet Chemistry instruments and equipment is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work in the Milford, MA corporate headquarters. This position will lead an internal/external team in the development of next generation NIR instrumentation software, including chemometrics and network applications. Qualified candidate will be required to provide full lifecycle application development and will design software as well as direct software teams through their entire development cycle. This position will report to the Technical Leader of Engineering in the Research & Engineering Department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with engineering manager and product marketing manager to determine project requirements.
- Develop software requirements and detailed engineering specifications for applications supporting routine analysis, networking and calibration of analytical instrumentation.
- Leads development and manages resources for major networking software projects
- Code efficient and reusable modules that can be used across different products.
- Coordinate the integration of software modules into final application.
- Compose test plans and assess software to ensure proficiency, accuracy and proper functionality and meets all specifications.
- Transfer application releases to production for distribution.
- Maintain proper documentation and control of software source code.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to engineering change notices and anomaly reports.
- Develop software upgrades, tools and instructions for field service team.
- Research and recommend software tools to management and coordinate the implementation/updating of the software engineering infrastructure.
- Ability to work with older software technologies such as VB6 and new technologies.
- Provide leadership, guidance and assistance to other software team members.
- Must demonstrate drive for results and leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated expert in building network platforms for global connectivity.
- Experience with developing desktop and web applications including GUI UX design and web application security. Angular JS experience beneficial.
- SQL database application experience, preferably MSSQL
- Experience with data transfer technologies including JSON
- Experience setting up and managing webservers and cloud hosted applications.
- Advanced experience with Object-Oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Experience in data encryption, decryption and compression.
- Have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working experience with source control system.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Project management experience in software engineering a must.
- Spectroscopy, chemometric or mathematical algorithms development experiences a plus.
- Able to establish and maintain companywide IT services/connectivity
- Qualified applicant must have a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Advanced Electrical Engineering Sciences. U.S. advanced degree in data transfer, encryption or networking applications is a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software development, with specific expertise as shown above.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in full lifecycle product/application development capacity.
Candidates must provide: Resume/CV with cover letter
Compensation: Dependent upon skills and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- software development: 8 years (Required)