If employee will be working a schedule other than Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, specify hours and days to be worked
Current typical hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-4:00 pm. Flexible hours may be required to satisfy needs and may include evening hours, shift work, odd hours, overtime, weekends and/or holidays. Required to be on stand-by call status, carrying cell phone as assigned and respond to after-hours emergency calls.
If Temporary, Ending Date Recruiting Rate $34,380-$56,724 Beginning Salary Flexibility Yes Pay Basis Salary Required Education Graduated High School or completed GED Do you want to allow additional experience to substitute for required education? No Preferred Education Associate's Degree Field of Study
Associates Degree or graduation from a technical or vocational school is preferred.
MS Office Experience Required Will this position require driving a UT or personally owned vehicle? Yes - Essential Function Other Computer and Software Skills Required Experience and Other Skills Required
Ten years experience in journeyman level work related to the job.
Must have or be able to obtain an EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification within 6 months of employment.
Ability to use the tools of the mechanical trade, including the use of power machinery and hand tools.
Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License.
Must be able to speak, read and write English and perform basic arithmetic is required.
Successful pass of a Criminal Background check and acceptable driving record with the UT System.
Do you want to allow additional education to substitute for required experience? No Other Skills Preferred
Twelve years of experience related to the job.
Description of Job Duties
1. Provides master level skills to perform and supervise the installation, removal, repair, preventive maintenance, fabrication, and emergency repair of HVAC, boiler and industrial mechanical equipment and related systems.
2. Performs work order service calls submitted by students, faculty, staff and departments within the university to include standing preventive maintenance work orders. Responds to customer service requests in a timely manner and properly documents repairs/services.
3. Keeps records of material used.
4. Assist all trades, departments and zones with special events and assists when needed.
5. Assists, consults and inspects outside contractors work on HVAC and mechanical equipment and systems pertaining to the remodel, repair or replacement of equipment.
6. Tests, monitors, troubleshoots, adjusts and repairs systems and equipment. Provides technical skills and oversight to the Maintenance Worker I and II. Works with the immediate supervisor to resolve more complex issues.
7. Sizes pumps and fan bases on system parameters and pump/fan curves.
8. Completes work on kitchen equipment as required. Works on energized systems including piping that contains steam, hot and chilled water.
9. Utilizes precision instruments to ensure proper settings, belts, chains, couplings, hearing and other drive components.
10. Inspects completed work to ensure compliance with specifications, operation manuals, applicable codes and regulations.
11. Performs work in accordance with established safe procedures.
12. Works various schedules and is required to carry a radio and/or cell phone and be on-call.
13. Assists in the design and construction of HVAC, mechanical equipment and systems, renovations, and new construction projects.
14. Keeps current of changes in operation procedures, new equipment and other related equipment. Works in conjunction with other trades and staff personnel in support of daily job tasks; informs appropriate personnel of usual conditions, problems, or deficiencies and takes appropriate actions.
15. Understands how different systems function. Operates, repairs and trouble shoots problems with R.O. system, steam systems, closed loop systems, and other mechanical equipment.
16. Performs additional duties as assigned.
1. Provides job cost estimates to supervisor.
2. Organizes material list of work and prepares purchase requests.
3. Assumes supervisory duties as assigned during the absence of the supervisor.
4. Performs individual projects assigned by the supervisor.
Posting Open Date 04/25/2018 Posting Close Date at midnight on Open Until Filled Yes Special Notes To Applicants
Note 1-Qualified applicants must have a Universal Refrigeration Certification OR be able to obtain one within six months date of hire. Attach document if applicable under “EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification.”
Note 2-UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
Note 3-UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note 4-This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Note 5-Applicants who are selected for interviews must be able to show proof that they are eligible and qualified to work in the United States by time of hire.
Note 6- Typical hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-4:00 pm. Flexible hours may be required to satisfy needs and may include evening hours, shift work, odd hours, overtime, weekends and/or holidays. Required to be on stand-by call status, carrying cell phone as assigned and respond to after-hours emergency calls
Note 7-At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may be closed once a sufficient number of qualified applications has been received.
Note 8-This position is under Business Affairs where employees work under the following guiding principles:
WE CREATE positive change.
WE PARTNER to deliver excellent service.
WE RESPECT and care for each other.
WE VALUE and empower change.
WE DO the right thing