ABOUT THE COMPANY:
SVP Worldwide is the world’s largest consumer sewing machine company, accounting for approximately one out of every three sewing machines sold annually across the globe. The company was founded in 1851, and its three iconic brands - SINGER®, HUSQVARNA® VIKING® and PFAFF® - each have delighted consumers for over 140 years. The SINGER® brand ranks #1 in the industry in brand awareness, likelihood to purchase and overall quality, according to a recent Gallup survey. The Husqvarna Viking® and Pfaff® brands have a premium positioning that are regarded as the brands of choice for serious sewers and crafters.
The company’s corporate headquarters is located in Nashville, TN and supported by regional headquarters/sales offices located in Milan (Italy), São Paulo (Brazil), and Sydney (Australia) that, combined, reach consumers in more than 180 countries. SVP has two manufacturing facilities across Asia and Latin America, two global R&D centers, a software development center in Europe and a global supply chain with distribution centers in all regions.
SVP Worldwide has a history of innovation and has established a leading offering in the Internet-of-Things (IoT) segment by introducing mySewnet®, the industry’s first cloud-based operating system, and the Premier+ suite of software. Its product portfolio covers entry-level sewing machines all the way up to advanced, internet-connected, leading edge household sewing machines that retail for $15,999 and all segments in-between. In addition to sewing machines, the product portfolio includes sewing accessories, notions, garment care products as well as software.
The products are sold across a network of sewing machine dealers, mass retailers (e.g., Costco, Walmart, Lidl, MediaMarkt, Carrefour), specialty retailers (e.g., Joann, Michaels), online retailers (e.g., Amazon, Tmall), distributors, and through the company’s ~200 internally operated retail stores.
The sewing machine industry is a global industry that is experiencing renewed growth. In developed markets, growth rates are projected to outpace GDP growth, according to Global Industry Analysts, Inc., the leading industry data source. Growth in these markets is driven by the millennial generation that is increasingly attracted to personalization, crafts and self-expression. In developing markets, the industry is expected to grow at 6.7% annually, fueled by the emerging middle class and the “need to sew” segment that uses sewing machines to support the household.
In 2018, SVP Worldwide was acquired by Ares Management (www.aresmgmt.com), a leading asset manager with $140B+ assets under management. The new owner has made substantial investments to strengthen and set the company up for growth. Leveraging its brands, innovative products, motivated employees, global footprint, and the financial strength of the new owner, SVP Worldwide is looking to compete more aggressively in the marketplace, accelerate growth, and attract talented team members.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will manage and service the northeast multi-state region (ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, AND DE) of sewing specialty retailers. They will solicit new accounts, and provide management with competitive analysis information and strategy recommendations. The RSM will advise the specialty retailers on ways to improve sales of SINGER®, VIKING® and PFAFF® products, and assist with key sales events and promotions. They are responsible for building productive relationships with accounts; meet or exceed sales objectives and service as a liaison between corporate office and dealers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Certifications:
- Develop regular sell-through activity with Dealers with the use of activity grids
- Consistently deliver sales quotas, account revenue, Flow through margin while saying within budget
- Forecast sales revenue for the month; Develop action plans to achieve the target
- Track and evaluate Dealer performance on a monthly basis and make recommendations to drive growth
- Coordinate and send out the monthly specials to Dealers; Follow up with the Dealers to review, ensure clarity and implementation
- Manage existing accounts and secure new placement with target retail accounts
- Obtain new distribution to achieve sales objectives
- Effectively sell Conventions & Dealer Meetings to achieve the attendance goals
- Effectively plan and execute Education Event initiatives to drive higher Sell Through activity ensuring overall sales objectives
- Prepare Dealer for national and Dealer specific events: selling materials, specials, samples and products
- Review and process all Dealer Co-op, rebates and claims
- Attend major corporate and industry events and conventions
- Call and visit Dealers on a monthly basis to drive sales and become a trusted business partner
Knowledge and Skills:
- 3 - 5 years in sales of consumer products, prefer sewing or consumer durable experience; retail, sales, marketing and/or sewing machine industry experience is a plus
TRAVEL AND LOCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have effective communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in a high sales performance metrics driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to partner with dealers to develop a strategic business plan that leads to aggressive sales goals
- Understanding of their role in profit and revenue contribution
- Experience working independently, managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Computer proficiency required including e-mail, Internet, and G-Suite programs
- Ability to assist retailers and conduct workshops, classes, special promotions, and store events throughout the year for the purpose of selling company products
This job requires 80% travel and the ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends. This role requires you to have own means of transportation with active insurance and driver’s license. Preference is for role to be located within easy access to the major airports in either province for ease of flight travel when necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and walk. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.