Located in Manhattan, The New York Proton Center (NYPC) is one of the most unique and respected clinical partnerships in the world of proton therapy. The collaboration between Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center and Mount Sinai Health System brings state of the art proton therapy treatment to the patients of New York and the surrounding areas. The Consortium is managed by ProHEALTH Medical management, LLC.
Our team at NYPC is comprised of highly motivated, passionate, professional and engaged individuals working together as a dynamic team to deliver an exceptional level of patient care, providing the most advanced proton therapy technology. We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package with flexibility for growth and career advancement.
If you meet the criteria and would like to be a part of our collaborative, innovative and patient focused team, please apply with a cover letter and copy of your resume, or CV, to the current opportunity listed below.
The Nurse Navigator will support patients and their families in accessing needed services, including registration, scheduling, and general appointment services for their New York Proton Center visit. Additional responsibilities for this role include making phone calls to appropriate agencies to advocate for services and following up on the patient’s status. The Nurse Navigator will provide high quality customer service to our patients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide patients throughout their treatment course and help facilitate the planning, scheduling, and implementation of day-to-day clinical activities
- Coordinate chemotherapy appointments with proton therapy appointments
- Arrange referrals and appointments for New York Proton Center patients with other medical providers, including surgeons, medical oncologists, medical subspecialists, gynecologists, dentists, etc.
- Coordinate efforts between patients and the clinical team
- Personalized support for higher risk patients (i.e. high litigation risk, limited support structure or home resources, etc.)
- Provide education to patients and their families and arrange for outside resources, as needed
- Collaborate with physicians and other clinical personnel in patient evaluations to further the understanding of social and emotional factors underlying patient’s health problems
- Inform patients of NYPC services and provide them with education materials
- Communicate directly with patients and keep them informed of scheduled appointments
- Monitor patient adherence to their medical appointments and notify physicians and other staff of compliance concerns
- Educate patients on policies concerning covered services and emergency procedures
- Actively utilize quantitative measures to monitor patient progress
- Provide critical feedback to other members of the clinical NYPC team based on his/her observations by participating in multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Monitor patient satisfaction surveys / complaints
- Comply with all New York Proton Center policies related to Privacy Rules established under the Health Information Privacy and Portability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned
- NYS Registered nurse
- Minimum of 3 years medical office, or clinical environment experience, preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Ability to identify resources and utilize problem solving skills in order to meet patient’s individual needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
The New York Proton Center (NYPC) strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.