We are in search of an experienced and savvy buyer for our growing e-commerce pet business. The ideal candidate should have prior involvement in the pet industry, worked with various distributors and manufacturers, and a fresh insight on trending products, foods, and accessories for all types of pets. Knowledge of e-commerce in general and Amazon is a plus. Thank you!
Here are some key duties that this job would involve
- Make Purchase orders and record multiple point of information
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Regularly review and analyze vendor/category/product results, communicating findings to management & recommending reloads, template revisions, product additions, drop, price changes, etc.
- Identify new product opportunities (brands, categories, items, etc.) that meet the Company’s merchandise strategies.
- Source new products identified above.
- Establish retail price for all product selections to optimize gross margin opportunities for each product classification and establishing vendor and product specific promotions. Prepare price point analyses and ensure that pricing is competitive and commensurate with brand strategy
- Ensuring a smooth supply chain from Supplier to End user
Job Type: Full-time
- Buyer: 1 year (Preferred)