The Seattle office of Perkins Coie is seeking a Lateral Recruitment Coordinator to join our Legal Recruiting team. This position will help manage the legal recruitment process of all lateral partners and senior counsel firm-wide. They will act as one of the initial faces of the firm and be responsible for managing candidate interactions with internal partners and management, local office administration, headhunters, search firms, and other professional organizations. This position will also provide administrative and project management support to Senior Director of Strategic Growth, Lateral Committee, Practice group and subgroup Chairs, and Office Managing Partners related to hiring initiatives.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Screen candidate submissions.
- Compile weekly status report for Management Committee and PG Chairs.
- Facilitate a high volume of interviews of varying levels, develop and send communication, seek feedback from partners, and function as the firm-wide point of contact.
- Manage legal search firm agreement, facilitate any contract negotiations, respond to both associate and partner search firm inquiries.
- Review and approve all lateral hiring expenses, ensuring compliance with firm policy and lateral hiring procedures.
- Maintain diverse candidate tracking and interview statistics.
Specific Skills Required:
Demonstrated leadership skills such as problem solving, planning, decision-making, and listening necessary for effective management. Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout operational groups. Proven ability to work effectively and independently under time constraints; must be able to organize and implement detailed and complex projects; requires strong computer skills. Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing. Thorough knowledge of legal recruiting procedures.
Education & Experience:
Requires a BA degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, or related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Law firm experience preferred.