As an Automotive Lube Technician, you will work in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for servicing our guests' vehicles and ensuring quality workmanship. Duties include:
* Check and communicate oil level to other Teammates
* Ensure tire pressure for proper inflation
* Inspect and refill fluid levels as necessary
* Complete vehicle inspection
* Install a new oil drain plug and a new oil filter
* Clean and lubricate fittings as needed
* Ensure that the service center is clean and presentable
Previous experience is not required to be a great Automotive Lube Technician! We will provide you with comprehensive training to help you be the best Automotive Lube Technician you can be. You will also have access to Jiffy Lube University, our award-winning training program to complete technical, customer service and management training courses. You must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, as well as be able to speak effectively with our guests and other Teammates.
Once you've become a Certified Lube Technician, you can go on to become a Customer Service Advisor, Team Lead or participate in state inspections.
General duties that include but are not limited to:
- Complete all required computer-based training and other on the job training within the required timeframe.
- Report for shift on time and dressed in proper uniform to include required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), slip resistant shoes and good hygiene.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment including using all safety equipment and following all safety procedures.
- Greet all guests within 5 feet, in a professional, pleasant manner.
- Attend store meetings, including monthly safety meetings.
- Follow all Jiffy Lube policies and procedures
- Must be engaging and energetic to the guests by moving around, waving or any other action that is appropriate and safely grabs the attention of the guest.
- Clean and maintain the guest lounge, restroom, parking lot and all property surrounding the store to maximize the guest experience.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to stand on concrete or metal surfaces for extended periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours.)
- Work in an environment that frequently experiences extreme hot and cold temperatures, loud noises, and exhaust fumes.
- Lift and move inventory items, trashcans and other work related items (up to 50 pounds).
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours.
- Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the shift.
- Able to stand and walk up to 4 hours without a break. Able to work in extreme heat and/or cold
- Able to endure repetitive and prolonged bending and reaching
- Able to withstand exposure to fumes and cleaning products
- Comfort entering and reading information on computer screen
We are an equal opportunity employer
We offer industry leading benefits including:
- Medical and dental with company contribution
- Competitive bonus program
Job Type: Full-time