We are currently recruiting an-entry level Admissions Planning Specialist. This position is responsible for assisting in the planning of day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and retirement plan). The position also provides excellent customer service and quality benefits plans, investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, supervises and monitors benefits administration, designs employee benefits plans and provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs. Recent college graduates and entry-level professionals are encouraged to apply. No experience required.
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value. Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes. Negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options and rates
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators. Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes. Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and claims, rollovers, distributions.
- Assist with employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records
- Gather employee data and monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance
- Review data in conjunction with the evaluation process
- Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding.
- Provide support to internal and external customers.
Transferable Skills Needed
- Problem Solving - the proven ability to problem solve, post and manage figures and records, and the ability to choose the right strategies and methods to solve a problem.
- Public speaking - communicate information and ideas through oral presentations before groups of any size
- Communication - express ideas clearly in both written and verbal correspondence, listen effectively, and share information appropriately with persons inside and outside the organization
- Leadership orientation - comfortable leading a group project or team by taking charge and offering opinions and direction to others at all levels of an organization
- Organizing and planning - develop specific goals and benchmarks to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree
- All majors welcome to apply
Katapult Network is designed to help recent college graduates with zero to two years of professional experience find their next professional career opportunity. We focus on helping recent college graduates, with no experience, get access to full-time, entry-level opportunities with top employers. Our clients include ground-breaking startup companies and well established billion-dollar organizations who want to find their next generation of talent.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 /year