Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top dozen medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report "America's Best Hospitals", UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
Our Nutrition Services department at UWMC has an outstanding opportunity for a Temporary/Hourly Office Assistant III. The individual in this role provides and directs reception services for Food and Nutrition Services.
- Is first person contact for incoming calls and customers.
- Word processes departmental material; keeps computer files of departmental documents organized and easy to locate.
- Assists with café and catering customer comments and concerns. Pages dietitians for nutrition consults.
- Extends pricing of catering orders.
- Keeps catering orders organized by day in catering book.
- Answers customer inquiries and when necessary direct questions and problems to catering manager.
- Maintains organized catering invoices and provides to catering manager monthly.
- Directs scheduling of Plaza Café conference rooms for customers, maintains organized conference room scheduling book.
- Compiles a wall move schedule daily so that necessary room arrangements can be done in advance of customer need.
- Enters catering invoices into billing excel spreadsheets monthly.
- Maintains current employee in-service information and training documentation.
- Processes departmental Xeroxing and/or duplication.
- Inventories and orders office supplies as needed.
- Distributes and/or directs distribution of department mail and café menus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School graduation or equivalent AND two years of increasingly responsible clerical experience OR equivalent education/experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to word process documents and reports at a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Demonstrates professional and effective verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to keep information confidential.
- Demonstrates the ability to establish effective working relationships with other departments and actively promote quality customer services for the department.
- Demonstrates ability to get along well with co-workers and other employees.
- Demonstrates skilled knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of other Microsoft Office Products.
- Demonstrates effective and appropriate critical thinking skills and decision making abilities consistent with UWMC mission and values.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.