Surv builds stronger communities through service, by bridging social gaps, elevating young adults, and meeting the needs. Specifically, we connect an aging population with local workers to complete honey-do lists.
About the role:
This role is the first point of contact for countless future business relationships for the company, whether the customers (which we call “Neighbors”), workers (which we call “Locals”), or anyone else who may need to talk with us. The executive assistant is the gatekeeper and the traffic controller, receiving communications in all forms and redirecting as needed to the appropriate people.
This role is not just about answering inquiries, but also zealously turning questions into new business and proactively and patiently dealing with Neighbor’s concerns, as well as miscellaneous administrative tasks that are essential to the effective functioning of the organization.
You will be responsible for:
- Inbound Communications & Sales: Answering all inbound calls to our main phone lines, inbound messages on our various communication platforms and redirecting as needed. Whenever possible, trying to convert inbound communications into new business
- Neighbor Care (Customer Service): When Neighbors call with problems or concerns, listen and address the issue as best as you can, resulting in happy Neighbors
- Office Upkeep: Keeping office clean and tidy, and answering the questions of anyone who stops by
- Admin Support: Keeping track of incoming mail and forwarding to Director of HR as needed, booking airfare & travel accommodations for C-suite employees, detailed note-taking of weekly leadership meetings
Things we are looking for:
- *Alignment with our Mission—”building stronger communities through service”—and Core Values: Agape, Community, Growth Mindset, Finish Strong, Full Life.
- Incredible communication skills for over-the-phone, written, and in-person conversations
- Strong organizational skills paired with the ability to effectively multitask
- Able to type 65+ words per minute
- Added bonus: Proficiency with Google Drive & G-Suite
- Added bonus: project management experience
How you will be supported:
- Neighbor Success Team: our marketing teammates (who will be sending you leads) and our sales/scheduling teammates (who you will pass leads on to).
- Field Operations Team: our teammates on the ground, managing the jobs, Local workers, and our relationships with Neighbors.
Start Date: 4 week onboarding starts ASAP.
[ This policy is for all candidates to get you set up in their new job, get to know Surv, and for us to make sure candidates ‘get’ the job, want the job, and have the capacity to do the job. We believe “Full Life” means working a job that matches who one is and what one is uniquely suited to do. After the 4 weeks of onboarding, a candidates will continue to work with Surv only if both parties are certain the role is the right fit.]
- Must have a smartphone and laptop. (A laptop may be able to be leased from Surv.)
Compensation & Benefits:
- Location: In-office (5 Dr Marcus Wheatland Blvd, Newport, RI 02840)
- Compensation: Hourly ($14.50/hr-$19/hr)
- Hours: 9am-5pm EST, M-F
- Paid federal holidays off with paid half-day Christmas Eve and New Years Eve; Health insurance and unlimited PTO (according to our policy) offered after 90 days; Parental leave offered after 1 year.
Why join Surv?
We are a team that genuinely cares about each other and the meaningful work we’re doing. Our desire to build stronger community permeates all we do. Joining us to both build community and become a part of one.
If you’re interested, please apply here! We'll ask you then to include a cover letter and a resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.50 - $19.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.50 - $19.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location