Full Time Customer Service
What is my job:
The Beer Coordinator shares knowledge and expertise to guide and educate customers with their purchases. In this role, you will drive sales by creating interest and enthusiasm for the vast offerings of products. You will build relationships with our broad spectrum of Beer customers, from experts to the “aspiring” beer customers interested in broadening their knowledge. If you have a passion for beer and educating customers, this could be the role for you!
Ocean Wine & Spirits, Inc.
Varied Shifts, Sunday – Saturday
Flexible Availability Required
Note to Applicant:
Full Time positions must be available to work at Ocean and Hanover locations in New Jersey, based on business needs.
How do I make a difference?
Providing Incredible, Knowledge Based Service
· Proactively approach customers, educate them about unique product offerings, make suggestions for meal pairings, and help to locate the products they are looking for
· Build relationships with customers making incredible customer service a priority over other tasks
· Provide tastings of beer to customers in the store; properly set up and demonstrate products, follow beer sample programs and adhere to all state and Store regulations; be sure to engage customers with product information, sharing knowledge and answering any questions
· Utilize resources continuously to expand knowledge about the wide variety of beer/other products available in the Store to grow and develop professionally, share acquired knowledge to assist customers
· Educate team members about products in the department, understanding the different characteristics and being able to communicate the differences
· Ensure employees are up to speed on what’s new and profiles for new items; provide sellers and team members with talking points on featured beers
Ensuring High Quality Products
· Ensure products are available for customers by removing items from the backroom and stocking shelves when needed.
· Set up displays and merchandise products in innovative and eye-appealing ways to promote products, reflecting seasonal items, best value items and drive sales in the store
· Maintain the overall look of the store by working with the Team Leader/Store Manager to build displays that are visually appealing to customers and target key items.
· Stock shelves, rotate items and ensure product levels are sustained throughout the day to meet customer needs
· Be the Liaison between customers, vendors, and the Management team on new craft beer opportunities and trends
· Ensure appropriate inventory levels
· Understand consumer trends and product movement, use this knowledge to accurately forecast needs and order
Continuously Improving Results
· Properly handle all product and equipment, maintain a clean work area, in accordance with safety guidelines with the aim of reducing shrink in the store
· Continuously look for ways to improve efficiency; communicate suggestions to Team Leader and Store Manager.
· Perform other tasks essential to the proper functioning of the store which may include breaking down delivery loads, refilling supplies, ordering products and general maintenance of the store
· Assist others with additional tasks as needed
Living Who We Are
· Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
· Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
· Comply with company Policies and Work Rules, as well as federal and state laws
· Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure the most efficient operations in the store
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
· Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery, restaurant, retail or wine shop setting
· Possess a passion for Beer and sharing knowledge with others
· Living Who We Are values by caring about the well-being of every person, having high standards as a way of life, making a difference in the communities we serve, respecting and listening to others and making decisions that benefit our customers and company
· Possess teamwork & diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
· Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
· Provide incredible customer service, acknowledging customers, listening to their needs, proactively offering assistance and thanking each customer for shopping with us
· Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food & human safety practices are strictly adhered to
· Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department/store activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
· Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments/store to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
· Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired product knowledge
· Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
· Experience working with Beer.
· Cicerone Beer Server Certification (advanced knowledge of beer, identifying tastes, and serving
· Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
· Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending and reaching
· Will be required to spend time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
· May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction)
· The average weight range of items lifted is 5-40 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally
· Employment may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check
· All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job profile will be interviewed
Job Type: Full-time