Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Proposals Manager based in Houston, TX.
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates region and international oilfield service contracts and commercial documents.
- Works with regional Commercial Specialists and Commercial Managers.
- Oversees implementation of global contracting strategies.
- Supports corporate contracting policies and guidelines, contract model forms and systems.
- Communicates with company's Legal, tax, HSE, quality and finance representatives to identify various project-related risks or concerns.
- Identifies worldwide contracting trends and improvement opportunities.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Coaches and mentors more junior Proposal Managers.
- Involvement in price book formulation and content.
- Develops commercial strategies.
- Creates commercial tools.
- Works closely with legal on commercial issues.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Fundamental knowledge of commercial and contract language.
- Procurement, tendering, and/or contract experience.
- Past-experience in the profitability and sensitivity analysis for large projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of BHGE contracts, pricing, and tenders, policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop/coordinate/promote enterprise tendering and contract processes and systems within the region/geomarkets for tenders and quotes.
- Commercial risk mitigation experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry and customers, as well as BHGE product lines/systems.
- Legal experience a plus.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to coach others.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Primary Location: North America-United States-Texas-HOUSTON