Florida Autism Center is hiring an Intake Specialist in our Lake Mary, FL Resource Center. As an Intake Specialist you will be responsible for gathering information from clients and working through the onboarding process to ensure each client is able to receive services from Florida/Fusion Autism Center. Using a variety of client information systems, the Intake Specialist assesses each case-related concern and resolves issues with regards to ABA services. Intake Specialists will then share the information with appropriate clinical and operations leaders to ensure the smooth processing of the clients’ information. The Intake Specialist will also gather all necessary paperwork and will contact the insurance company involved with each client.
How will I make a difference in a child’s life?
- Providing excellent customer service and adhere to the productivity and accuracy performance measures established for the department
- Contacting insurance companies and coordinating services with client families via phone, mail, or electronic communications
- Carrying out Benefit and Eligibility checks in order to make sure the services that the client needs are covered under the insurance policy
- Using strong knowledge of FAC programs and services in order to field questions from client families in an accurate and knowledgeable manner.
- Exhibiting strong computer skills to ensure accurate processing
- Interview and assist client families with enrollment process and identifying requirements.
- Maintaining appropriate logs and reports according to professional, state and federal requirements
- Ensuring payment for services by verifying benefits with insurance provider
- Obtaining, reviewing and inputting insurance information and referrals prior to the start of patient services
How do I know my experience is a good fit?
- Have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of experience and training
- Exhibit customer relations experience required
- Have a required 2 – 4 years of experience in the healthcare field or in a related area
- Possess experience assessing and solving problems by using excellent interpersonal communication, oral and written
- Have a working knowledge of commonly used healthcare concepts, practices, and procedures; specific experience in ABA preferred
- Are experienced in conflict management and resolution
- Demonstrate computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer, and other programs as implemented
- Show knowledge of insurance pre-certification requirements and Benefit and Eligibility checks with multiple insurers.
- Are able to discuss client liability under stressful conditions while maintaining a positive patient experience
- Have knowledge of medical terminology, able to read and interpret physician orders and clinical documentation. Experience in healthcare environment preferred
- Are able to communicate cooperatively and constructively with client families, co-workers, administration, other FAC team members, providers, community agencies and referral sources
- Consistently maintain HIPAA requirements
What's in it for me?
- Excellent onboarding/training and ongoing support
- Positive work environment
- Cross-training opportunities
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus incentive opportunity
- A diverse 401(k) plan with a company match up to 4%
- Health, dental, vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 /hour
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPT Coding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Applied Behavior Analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts