- High School Diploma or GED
- Data Entry
- Administrative Experience
- Customer Service
The Concierge is an integral part of the team whose main objective is to ensure our residents are well looked after from the start. As the first impression of the community, this high profile position carries a special responsibility. Our Concierge team is dedicated to accommodating customer requests from the ordinary to the extraordinary. With local knowledge and insights the Concierge team does wonders to enhance customer experiences, making their time at the community much more enjoyable. Success for a Concierge is defined by providing the ultimate experience to every customer.
Enhance the resident experience by creating and maintaining a warm, inviting, and professional environment.
- Welcome current/prospective residents and their guests with courtesy, poise and professionalism (stand, greet, eye contact, firm handshake, etc.).
- Personalize each interaction to maximize the customer experience.
- Anticipate the needs of our customers and seek creative ways to exceed expectations.
- Manage all incoming inquiries and warmly transfer to the appropriate party.
- Act as liaison between customers, guests, and JBG associates.
- Actively seek ways to resolve issues or concerns with customer and business needs in mind.
- Diffuse and redirect difficult situations while maintaining decorum; apply common sense and judgment to work problems.
- Build a sense of community such that residents feel comfortable and “at home.”
- Adapt to constantly changing situations and personalities, ensuring quality service to all customers.
- Project warmth, care, and concern for all, along with proper etiquette.
- Maintain an organized and inviting front desk.
- Complete all paperwork correctly.
- Process/sort incoming mail.
- Complete all data entry/computer requirements accurately on a daily basis.
- Proofread and review all documents and reports to ensure error-free work.
- Organize and coordinate work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate, or possess equivalency
- A minimum of one year experience in high-end customer service environment, preferably in highly visible position such as Concierge, Front Desk Associate, or Guest Services Representative in hospitality or property management
- Savvy computer skills, including the ability to maneuver internet searches
- Stellar phone etiquette as well as exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Prior administrative experience (i.e. answering phones, data entry, drafting written communications, taking messages, etc.)
- Respect, honesty, and integrity
- Professional presentation
- Calm under pressure
- Passion for service
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment to teamwork
- Adept at listening to others
- Dependability and adaptability
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.