TruBlu HR Solutions is seeking a Automation Control Engineer in Houston. This positions will develop safety-related programs, design and implement controls systems, and mentor supervisors and the maintenance staff. Must have at least 5 years of experience in process control and manufacturing. 2-3 years of Management experience is required. Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Science related field.
The Controls Engineer is responsible for managing all controls related functions and providing electrical maintenance support for the facility. As the Controls Engineer, you will develop safety-related programs, design and implement controls systems, and mentor supervisors and the maintenance staff. This position reports to the Director of Maintenance and is responsible for managing a small team of Electronic Technicians. The person applying for this role should have passion for training and developing a sound technical team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental standards.
- Develop and revise Standard Operating Procedures and insure compliance.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement.
- Maintain and understand controls related to large hydraulic press system.
- Have a working knowledge of overhead crane systems.
- Responsible for building tooling and equipment projects designed to automate our manufacturing process.
- Lead/participate in the root cause analysis (RCA) process to identify and drive out long-term chronic problems and failures.
- Maintain controls of large furnace and gas flow systems.
- Actively participate in planning and executing outages for the facility.
- Advise electrical group on setup and installation of remote I/O (RIO) and external field instrumentation and control devices.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Science related field.
- 5+ years of directly related experience in process control and/or manufacturing.
- Programming Control Ladder logic, scripted control languages, HTML, graphics construction, instrumentation and various control device configurations, database configuration, and intuitive ability to program an otherwise difficult device.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, drawings and specification issued for performance of the control system commissioning. Typical documents may include PFDs, P&IDs, single line diagrams, cable and conduit schedules, instrumentation and control data sheets, I/O lists, etc.
- 2-3 years supervisory/management experience.
- Ability to perform and check sizing calculations for flow meters and control valves.
- Allen Bradley, Yaskawa and SEW programming experience.
- Experience with major capital projects.
- Excellent communication, planning, analyzing, influencing and organization skills.
- Experience with PLC specification, Operator Interface, and Process Automation Controllers; configuration knowledge is a plus.
- Allen Bradley, Yaskawa and SEW programming: 3 years (Required)
- PLC logic, scripted control languages, HTML, graphics: 5 years (Required)
- process control and/or manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
- supervisory/management: 3 years (Required)
- check sizing calculations for flow meters and control valves: 3 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
- Process Control: 5 years (Required)