Maven Financial, located in Leesburg, VA, is an established financial services practice which provides comprehensive and holistic financial planning to individuals and closely held businesses. We provide a wide range of services including insurance planning, investment management, employee benefits, retirement planning, education planning, estate planning, and business succession planning. Our goal is to reduce complexity and create financial security for all our clients – specifically addressing how business and personal goals are intertwined.
We are seeking a self-starter with experience to join our dynamic team as a Financial Planning Associate.
The candidate will learn the inner-workings of a financial firm from both an administrative and financial perspective. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: providing administrative support by handling/preparing correspondence, answering telephones/taking messages, scheduling appointments, fielding information requests, tracking and monitoring client meeting, completing paperwork, and performing general clerical support functions within an office setting.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Financial Planning Analysis: Assist lead advisors with preparation of financial plans by analyzing client information.
- Investment Analysis & Service: Review and analyze asset allocations and overall investment-related information provided by clients. Perform due diligence of portfolio managers. Evaluate and construct clients’ investment portfolios.
- Administrative/Operations: Open, track, and follow through on new account openings, account/portfolio changes, and other tasks required throughout the financial planning process.
- 0-5 years of applicable experience in financial planning, willing to train and grow with the team
- Must obtain or have Series 7, Series 63 or 66, and Life & Health Insurance Licenses upon joining the team
- Willingness to pursue CFP® and other designations (fully supported by the firm)
- Bachelor’s Degree and a clean U-4 is required
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office or Mac OS product suite, willing to learn new computer systems, be detail-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking.
- A positive attitude and good communication skills are a must.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collect, interpret and analyze data from diverse sources.
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport over the phone with a wide range of clients.
- Ability to discreetly handle confidential data and work with personal integrity.
- Dedicated commitment to providing superior customer service with a focus on quality.
- Must be extremely well-organized and be able to work independently.
- Must have strong attention to detail with the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Administrative support, customer service experience, experience in financial services industry and/or financial planning software preferred but not required.
Competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualification and include:
- Performance-based bonus
- Contribution towards health insurance
- 401(k) with profit sharing
- Tuition assistance program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Series 7 License (Required)
- CFP (Preferred)
- Life and Health Insurance (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules