Full Job Description
Tastes on the Fly New York LLC is seeking a positive, committed and experienced Line Cooks for our exciting new location!
In partnership with renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, we have opened a re-vamped Paris Café & Lisbon lounge in the historic TWA building at JFK.
Tastes on the Fly is an innovative leader in bringing quality dining experiences to the airport environment. We bring the same high-quality cuisine and service that would rival any street location and we partner with notable restaurateurs and local purveyors. We currently operate 22 concepts across 4 different airports.
As one of the world’s most famous chefs, Jean-Georges currently operates 13 restaurant concepts in New York as well as additional locations in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Miami. He is now bringing his culinary genius to the guests, passengers and public visiting the TWA Hotel.
Top candidates will have 2 years line cook experience, fine dining experience, a positive attitude and proven reliability and commitment as well as a flexible schedule.
The line cook position is responsible for the preparation and plating of all menu items in an accurate and efficient manner and in accordance with the chefs’ direction.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
These are essential functions and the percentages are estimates only.
75% - Preparation and plating of all menu items
10% - Cleaning of the line and work areas on a consistent basis and as directed by the chef
10% - Keeping line stocked with necessary goods and communicating any shortages to chef promptly
5% - Preparation of base items, i.e. sauces, portioning goods, ingredient processing, etc.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
Individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and must be able to demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to understand English
- Ability read English
- Ability to perform good sanitation practices
- Ability to handle a knife and other sharp objects with extreme caution and skill
- Ability to handle food safely
- Ability to convert measurements
- Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Ability to work as a team player and communicate with co-workers effectively
- Ability to listen to and follow direction
- Ability to accurate execute recipes and order tickets
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
- cook: 1 year (Required)
- restaurant: 1 year (Required)
- line cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- kitchen: 1 year (Required)
- food handler certificate (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift