Rate – Market RATE
Our Client is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 45,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Our Client is accepting online applications for the position of Cross Platform Architect located in Houston, TX through December 16th, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Cross-Platform Architect/Engineer will be accountable for focusing on Strategic Themes/Value streams that cross multiple digital platform boundaries. Working with Functions / BUs to deliver a set of business capabilities as technical services in support of defined Value Streams. Requires a deep understanding of the business capabilities required by the actual enterprise customers of their respective function / business unit platforms and what technical capabilities will be needed to support the enterprise. This will involve ALL aspects of application transformation (e.g., replacing / modernization / façade wrapping, etc.). These patterns need to be well understood along with modern deployment techniques (SaaS, PaaS, aPaas, local hosting, etc.). Will also need to apply the appropriate decision-making criteria (technical / business / cost & security) and work with / manage teams to do the actual work.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Lead for large programs that are aligned to value streams, ensuring that they align and deliver capabilities across multiple Digital platforms. Involves working with or standing up multiple teams to provide specific capabilities and overcoming conflicting priorities and/or design constraints to deliver capabilities.
- Architecting / Delivering multiple “products” across multiple Digital Platforms
- Breaking down Value Stream requirements into reusable components that are delivered through “right sized” API services
- Conducting Vendor evaluations using Modern Architecture & Software Engineering criteria (i.e., not just against Feature requirements) and platform fit.
- Understanding Digital Platform scope in the context of the bigger Chevron Digital Architecture picture. Involves knowing when to build services/products and when to use other Digital Platform Services / Products.
- Provide lessons learned back to Chief Digital Engineer to evolve Client Digital Architecture (e.g., Guardrails – Development Guides, Engineering Standards and Playbooks)
- Accountable for business value created by the products
- Designs data architecture - identify, manage & standardize high value information objects
- Seen as a technical lead, coaches software engineers and builds engineering discipline – code reviews etc - across the cross-platform product lines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Public cloud service offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS services as well product offerings from Azure) and Infrastructure as Software (Container Orchestration, Observability, CI/CD)
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering best-practices, DevOps, API, Microservices etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of the methods, processes and appropriate EA frameworks along with Client Digital Architecture System and Agile Frameworks.
- Business Architecture practices (Value Stream Mapping, Business Capability Modeling)
- Demonstrated strong systems thinking and strategic thinking skills. Ability to capture the key elements of a system into a simple abstraction that empowers good decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (plan, design, develop, test, release, maintain and support, decommission)
- Demonstrated experience building solutions in multiple programming languages (preferably developing and debugging in Microsoft technologies) on one or more development platforms (Microsoft, Java, Linux/Unix, Cloud, Mobile)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Modern API platform design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Modern data architectures (e.g. event driven architectures, data democratization, platform approaches to support ML/AI at scale, stream processing, and integrating real time analytics into applications)
- Demonstrated ability to work with leaders in both the IT Function and the business to understand business strategies and shape technology roadmaps to support those strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority and is highly collaborative.
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous settings and drive clarity and alignment across business & IT stakeholders and employees.
- Bias for action: Demonstrated experimentation mindset, not afraid to make decisions and take action even when faced with uncertainties.
- Demonstrated experience leading and delivering projects
- Demonstrated solid understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies and knows when or if to apply them to achieve business outcomes.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Oil and Gas Business Processes
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated business financial skills. Demonstrated ability to perform cost benefit analysis at a technical level.
- Demonstrated strong business negotiation skills, influence, conflict resolution, and political savviness.
- Information Technology & Services
- Oil & Energy
- Financial Services
- Information Technology